$@&?! power steering pump

Got the same problem.

Just post the reply, then x off the error message. Cycle back to the thread you were replying.

A PITA, but until the bugs are solved........it stops the deja vu matrix glitch

Sorry for the multiple copies of those posts. I’ve been getting a server error message when trying to post and it appears that my posts are loading even with the server error

my 03 tundra steering rack had a pinhole rotted from the top of it and was weeping fluid ,i notice it and kept topping it off til i got it in the shop
. good thing you need to keep it topped cuz like u said the pumps are stupid $

my 03 tundra steering rack had a pinhole rotted from the top of it and was weeping fluid ,i notice it and kept topping it off til i got it in the shop
. good thing you need to keep it topped cuz like u said the pumps are stupid $
Same for the stock steel steering rack on my 01 tundra that road salt rotted holes through causing it to leak like a sieve. When I bought my new rack, the rack body was now cast aluminum.

will the gen2 rack also rott from salted slopped shiiitt?
its placed right there in the front not behind like the gen1 taco

Racks I assume are all aluminum now. I don't know about all the tacoma racks, but some of the very early gen1 tundra racks were steel like my 01.

Racks I assume are all aluminum now. I don't know about all the tacoma racks, but some of the very early gen1 tundra racks were steel like my 01.

are the connecting pressure lines for fluid also aluminum and not prone to rott?

The new lines I installed to the ps pump were aluminum. The old ones looked like aluminum to, but were so corroded it was hard to tell what they were.
I coated the aluminum lines well over 3 years ago on my taco with cosmoline. I looked at them the other day after all the salty winter slush they been through.....still looked brandy new.

Back