Rough Idle

TacoGal

Is any one else feeling their Taco idle rough in drive? When I'm waiting at a light it feels rough, but smooth if I put it in park.

2016 TRD 4x4 Off-road DBLcab

I noted that to my service advisor at my 10,000 mile check-up, I got the common Toyota response..... " it is normal " That went along with a noisy differential and lunging in reverse. The only unusual issue they found was the clunk coming from the transmission while approaching stop lights. They are going to check with their corporate office to see if this may be a known issue. Should have kept my 2000 Tacoma!

I noted that to my service advisor at my 10,000 mile check-up, I got the common Toyota response..... " it is normal " That went along with a noisy differential and lunging in reverse. The only unusual issue they found was the clunk coming from the transmission while approaching stop lights. They are going to check with their corporate office to see if this may be a known issue. Should have kept my 2000 Tacoma!
Is it the front or rear differential making noise? They have a rear diff recall coming next month.
I get the lunging in reverse it's worse backing up an incline.
Let use know what they say about the clunk or hard down shifting when coming to a stop. Mine does it at 15 and 5 mph then after it stops it bumps. Not every time but enough to be annoying.

The 2000 Tacoma had the least amount of TSB and recalls of any Tacoma. I'd take one with the 3.4L V6.

Welcome to the discussion.

Mine is 500rpm then 900rpm and back again when in park. Doesn't vary when in drive, go figure....

Back