The Official TacomaForum.com App - For Android and iOS

Nathan

Admin
Staff member
The official TacomaForum.com apps are now available.

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tacoma-forum/id635576620?ls=1&mt=8

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.tacomaforumcom&hl=en

They are totally free and make it easy to use the site on the go.

If you are currently using TapaTalk to access the site please consider upgrading to the dedicated app. TapaTalk has been doing some questionable things that we'd rather not support.

Let me know if you have any questions as you use the app and I'll try to answer them

Real quick since this has tripped some people up. As soon as you open the app make sure you log in. Once you log in though it should save your info.

sPyUZNzl.png

Finally, to reply to a thread click on the text box on the very bottom. If you want to Quote, Thank, or Report a post click on the post itself.

r9uRnsol.png

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

I got it up & running now! Not too shabby!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Taco Forum mobile app

Just installed the app on my Iphone. :thumbsup:

I can't believe the "other" Tacoma forum as big as it is doesn't have it's own app set up. :rolleyes:

So, what's the verdict? Do you guys like the app?

Seems good to me. Pretty much just like Tapatalk. The other day at work (on 3G) it wouldn't load up. Went to Tapatalk and got right through. I haven't used it a whole lot yet though.

Hmmm, both should have the same access to the site so let me know if you see that happen again. Overall the Tacoma Forum App should be a better experience... it has been on my iphone anyways.

If I may ask, what 'questionable' things had tapatalk done to make you not support their app? Is it just technical issues or are you talking about political type decisions that pushed you away? I'm just curious

It's a little "inside baseball" I guess but my basic premiss is that users shouldn't have to pay to access a forum. To me that just doesn't sit right but that's exactly what TapaTalk makes users do. They sell the app and then they sell add on features.
Now, I understand that they are providing a service so maybe making people pay for the App is OK but when they came out with TapaTalk 2 and made users pay again for the app that again didn't sit well with me.

I'd much rather come out with our own official Tacoma Forum app and give it away for free and be able to control the experience.

One more thing. I don't know when it's going to happen but it seems like TapaTalk is working on an ad network. It hasn't happened yet so this is just speculation but if they make people pay for an app and then show them ads as well that's really going to bother me.

Bottom line, I just want to be able to control the experience and make sure its always free to access the site.

Back