Undercoating

Idk, if ziebart uses that process. They did my brothers new trans am back in 1977 with a substance that appeared as cosmoline. That car is still in showroom condition today in his garage. Its got zero rust anywhere.

Idk, if ziebart uses that process. They did my brothers new trans am back in 1977 with a substance that appeared as cosmoline. That car is still in showroom condition today in his garage. Its got zero rust anywhere.
Did you watch the video from Eric O in avoca NY

He says that stuff is ziebart junk

Did you watch the video from Eric O in avoca NY

He says that stuff is ziebart junk
I couldn't say what ziebart uses now, but any sort of rubberized coating is asking for major issues down the road. It might be ok on a brand new chassis until it gets chipped. That when water or moisture gets between the coating and steel creating rust. Its even worse if its used to encapsulate a frame that already has rust.

Dude forgot to do the spare tire. I'm not that impressed, vs the cosmoline I did on my truck over 3 years ago. Let's see his truck then....his truck will need a major reapplying. As far as fluid flim, it didn't hold up as well as this guys wool wax, vs doing ff on my tundra.

Dude forgot to do the spare tire. I'm not that impressed, vs the cosmoline I did on my truck over 3 years ago. Let's see his truck then....his truck will need a major reapplying. As far as fluid flim, it didn't hold up as well as this guys wool wax, vs doing ff on my tundra.

have i posted pics yet how the regular WW and FF failed in the rear wheelhouse of my truck after the hard run in the rain over 200 miles in Iowa a few years ago

the HV WW has stayed put for several years but has built up a nice layer of dirt and road crud but never washed off yet

Both are lanolin based, so they are not as permeant as cosmoline. Surface shield just claims it holds up longer than FF as does WW.
You gotta go petro based if you want lasting protection.

i have to try that surface shield out for durability and if it collects dirt like the WW HV i have going on in the rear wheelhouse area

lasting protection that is somewhat easily removable (takes some effort) is WW HV
but collects dirt and is a bit messy to the touch, especially in summer when its soft

woolWax HV pail.jpg

Any rust inhibitor coating is better than nothing. All comes down to how often you want to be a slave to reapplying it.

Back