What did you do with your Taco today

I drove out to Shoe Creek trail today. It is about an hour north of Lynchburg, VA. When I got home I snapped a photo of the closing screen that shows the distance traveled and the fuel economy. Not too bad for the Taco.20230107_184527.jpg20230107_184527.jpg

I ordered my truck with that stuff already. Adding any mods to vehicle that didn't come with it won't be worth anymore at resale time.

i modded my rig with a custom stenciled Line-X bed coating a few years back. dark and snazzy
is that going to decrease value at all

i heard how heavy these EV's are going to be
the current bridge and road structurals will not be able to tolerate that much weight
they are already in danger of collapsing bridges around here EVERYWHERE i turn they are buckling

i heard how heavy these EV's are going to be
the current bridge and road structurals will not be able to tolerate that much weight
they are already in danger of collapsing bridges around here EVERYWHERE i turn they are buckling
Many people do not realize how heavy the EVs are. I looked up the battery pack weight on the GMC EV pickup. IIRC, the pack weighs nearly 1 ton.

Pound for pound a battery will not match the energy in the same weight of fuel.

I can tell you one thing, our prius is like a tank in snow. If it had higher ground clearance, you wouldn't need a 4wd suv.

Many people do not realize how heavy the EVs are. I looked up the battery pack weight on the GMC EV pickup. IIRC, the pack weighs nearly 1 ton.

Pound for pound a battery will not match the energy in the same weight of fuel.
The energy to make the electricity , no one is talking about that.
Oh that’s right it’s magic.

Most of the electricity made in the USA is from burning coal or natural gas to make steam to run turbine/generator sets.

Yes, some small percentage comes from Hydro, Wind, Solar and Nuc. Pretty much in that order of declining portions.

The EV huggers also choose to ignore the resources needed to make the battery packs. Then we have the disposal issue of depleted packs and the associated resources.

Ahhhhh, but yes,,,,,hear the cry of "Save the Planet, Carbon Zero" What a load of BS.

Lets back up a step or two to take a look at the big situation. The Earth is a closed system. When the earth came to be.....a limited amount of carbon existed. The same amount of carbon still exists. Humans, animals, plants all consume carbon. All release carbon. The total amount of carbon in the Earth has not changed. The carbon may exist in different forms. We (Earth) is not running out of carbon.

Although, I do agree we should be more aware or our consumption and methods of disposal. I'm just not convinced of the widespread need for EVs. There are better more efficient and "cleaner" means to produce power for vehicles.

global warming saves lives

widespread need for EVs is a 'follow dat cash money' type of deal imo

Most of the electricity made in the USA is from burning coal or natural gas to make steam to run turbine/generator sets.

Yes, some small percentage comes from Hydro, Wind, Solar and Nuc. Pretty much in that order of declining portions.

The EV huggers also choose to ignore the resources needed to make the battery packs. Then we have the disposal issue of depleted packs and the associated resources.

Ahhhhh, but yes,,,,,hear the cry of "Save the Planet, Carbon Zero" What a load of BS.

Lets back up a step or two to take a look at the big situation. The Earth is a closed system. When the earth came to be.....a limited amount of carbon existed. The same amount of carbon still exists. Humans, animals, plants all consume carbon. All release carbon. The total amount of carbon in the Earth has not changed. The carbon may exist in different forms. We (Earth) is not running out of carbon.

Although, I do agree we should be more aware or our consumption and methods of disposal. I'm just not convinced of the widespread need for EVs. There are better more efficient and "cleaner" means to produce power for vehicles.
big graveyard off of i35 and IA-175
i saw that mess of a pile last year, what are they doing about it

Those wind turbine blades suffer erosion on the leading edge. This kills the efficiency of the turbine.

There is a significant amount of debris in the air for these blades to pass thru. Rain, sleet, snow, dust, birds, bugs.......all cause erosion on the leading edge.

The blade tip speeds are quite high. Take a 100 foot long blade spinning at 10-15 rpm......they look slow.. Run the math.....tip speeds are 100 +/-mph. Keep in mind, some blades are longer than 100 feet.

Back