What did you do with your Taco today

I drove my Taco to the Dallas VA today for an eye appointment and it confirmed what I kind of already knew. Right eyeball is down from 20/25 to 20/30. Left eyeball is still 20/20. God it sucks getting old. And I caught that freaking DFW rush hour traffic on the way home ! Double suck !

Join the party...I never needed to wear glasses till 50 when I couldn't see as well closeup. I have to use reading glass's for normal print I could see sharply when young. Eye doctor referred to it as 40/40 vision......it's when you're over age 40. Funny thing though, I can still see very good at far away objects.

I did not need glasses until Miserably failed the driver license eye exam :(

I drove my Taco to the Dallas VA today for an eye appointment and it confirmed what I kind of already knew. Right eyeball is down from 20/25 to 20/30. Left eyeball is still 20/20. God it sucks getting old. And I caught that freaking DFW rush hour traffic on the way home ! Double suck !
Hate to hear about anyone losing their vision. HAHAHAHA... Hear... Vision... Seriously, I know all about that. Being totally blind in my left eye, and having non-age-related macular degeneration in my right eye. I'm just glad I have a 54" ultra-wide curved monitor, otherwise I would be out of a job. My vision is 20/50... At 20/60 I lose my driver's license in Georgia.

you don't always have to take the eye exam here for renewal... only after a certain age i think they required for spot check... not sure about after thereabouts i guess its a wait and see this year
and i FAILED... a few days before the license expired too
First time someone mentioned age for taking an eye exam, or drivers test due to old age. I know there's some talk here in this state, but nothing has become of it. I'm 70 now, and just renewed my DL online for 8 more years while using a picture that was taken over 6 years ago. Heck I didn't even have a gray hair then.

First time someone mentioned age for taking an eye exam, or drivers test due to old age. I know there's some talk here in this state, but nothing has become of it. I'm 70 now, and just renewed my DL online for 8 more years while using a picture that was taken over 6 years ago. Heck I didn't even have a gray hair then.
Well if I recall from last decade they sent notice I could not renew online this time and had to visit the DMV in person to renew
Perhaps I was chosen at random but IDK!

Well if I recall from last decade they sent notice I could not renew online this time and had to visit the DMV in person to renew
Perhaps I was chosen at random but IDK!
I doubt that. Your state must have an age requirement rule for senior citizens to pass an eye exam. They've tried to come up with eye exams for the elderly here that still drive, but many claim it's unconstitutional.

I doubt that. Your state must have an age requirement rule for senior citizens to pass an eye exam. They've tried to come up with eye exams for the elderly here that still drive, but many claim it's unconstitutional.
You are most likely correct about all of that there
I am not much involved in any of that so cannot make a firm comment and stand behind it with both feet :)

Just returned from an errand picking up some tools I left the other day at my shop when this couple on a motorcycle followed me the last mile, or so to my driveway. Wondering wtf do these 2 want, I questioned them in not so same words. The guy tells me his wife wants to buy my truck, as they're looking it over, I wasn't in the greatest mood at the time, almost saying in no uncertain way ...its not for sale, now get the f**k out of my yard, but held up on the last part. We spoke for a few minutes, and I ended up with their phone number. Apparently they have to have that color in an access cab. It's still not for sale I told them, and walked in the house. This has been a strange afternoon.

I don't know. Selling my 3rd gen with 25k miles and going back to a 2nd gen with 83k miles was one of my happiest days. That was 2 years ago and I have no regrets whatsoever. The 4.0 and 2nd gen automatic are so much better than the 3rd gen 3.5 automatic. I have had 3 2nd gens and doubt I will ever own another gen Tacoma.

I don't know. Selling my 3rd gen with 25k miles and going back to a 2nd gen with 83k miles was one of my happiest days. That was 2 years ago and I have no regrets whatsoever. The 4.0 and 2nd gen automatic are so much better than the 3rd gen 3.5 automatic. I have had 3 2nd gens and doubt I will ever own another gen Tacoma.
The 4sp AT on Gen2 4cyl is terrible if you need to hurry up and pass on highway
Almost zero throttle response

Wouldn't trade my 3.5 auto for any 4.0. It's the best running truck to date, and I thought my 4.7 tundra was pretty good except for not passing a gas station.
It must be a rare colour for access cab?
Idk how rare...maybe because it's a 2020 access cab? Toyota made enough of them years before. I don't consider it rare....it's just not popular with later year tacoma's.

Back