What have you done to your Tacoma today?

2wd 4cyl 4door

the most rarest of options
like a UniCorn!!?l
Lol, first time I’ve heard my truck described like that. But 6 cyl is nice & 4wd is even nicer! But this is what the dealer had on the used lot when I decided I was ready for a Tacoma that was in my budget price. Was tired of driving a tiny Mazda3 which was low sitting on the ground. Just had a total knee replacement last year on my right knee & that Mazda was killing me when I tried to get in & out of it. Left knee total replacement is coming up sometime this year so the Tacoma is a life saver when getting in & out of the vehicle.

The 4 cyl gets me around 23 mpg on my daily drive to work but some of the v6’s may actually get better mileage than me. But my Tacoma gets me down the highway so I cannot complain…

my relative has a 4wd 4cyl automatic single cab 2o11 Gen2 that gets much less than 20 mpg on the freeway and i do not know why, i thought it would be much higher mpg
it runs falken wildPeak tires that some on TF said is the issue but i do not know for sure
and has a very difficult time running up these mountains here in the prairies, always losing speed and not downshifting to gear 3 from D, it has to be MANually shifted, which is uncharacteristic of an automatic or so i thought

Lol, first time I’ve heard my truck described like that. But 6 cyl is nice & 4wd is even nicer! But this is what the dealer had on the used lot when I decided I was ready for a Tacoma that was in my budget price. Was tired of driving a tiny Mazda3 which was low sitting on the ground. Just had a total knee replacement last year on my right knee & that Mazda was killing me when I tried to get in & out of it. Left knee total replacement is coming up sometime this year so the Tacoma is a life saver when getting in & out of the vehicle.

The 4 cyl gets me around 23 mpg on my daily drive to work but some of the v6’s may actually get better mileage than me. But my Tacoma gets me down the highway so I cannot complain…

It's all in the final axle gear ratio of those taco's that determine what fuel economy they will end up with when doing highway driving.
An example is the gen3 auto vs their manual with the same engines. The auto has a 3.90 axle vs the 4.33 on the manual. If you have the auto it gets slightly better highway fuel milage. I'll average close to 23 mpg highway vs a low of 17 city depending time of year.

time for some 97c tacoJuice
Which was about whut it was back when this 97 was new

Screenshot_20240407-141148.png
:confused:

Last edited:
Back