What have you done to your Tacoma today?

I don't understand what are "bed stiffeners" and what a kicker ks speaker is NevadaMike. I love your picture though. That there is a working man's pickup truck and I'm lovin it.
These are the bed stiffeners that I installed. The page also explains why they’re needed. I’m preparing to install a topper and the stiffeners are good to have when you put weight on the bed rails.

Kicker is a brand of speakers and ks is the model. They sound better than the oem speakers that came in the tacomas.

The Tacoma wasn’t supposed to be a work truck, but the engine in my ram work truck developed a problem and the manufacturer decided to buy me out of the truck because the repair cost more than the pickup is worth.

how old of a ram truck?
my rig may or may not be in need of new speakers... they are the original oem still at 27 years of age and seem to work ok good enough

These are the bed stiffeners that I installed. The page also explains why they’re needed. I’m preparing to install a topper and the stiffeners are good to have when you put weight on the bed rails.

Kicker is a brand of speakers and ks is the model. They sound better than the oem speakers that came in the tacomas.

The Tacoma wasn’t supposed to be a work truck, but the engine in my ram work truck developed a problem and the manufacturer decided to buy me out of the truck because the repair cost more than the pickup is worth.

how old of a ram truck?
my rig may or may not be in need of new speakers... they are the original oem still at 27 years of age and seem to work ok good enough
It’s a 2014. The best part of the truck, besides the aftermarket radio and speakers, is the 8 speed transmission. It wasn’t made by fiat, unlike the rest of the pickup.

When I bought the thing new I also bought the lifetime powertrain warranty that ram offered at the time. They didn’t offer that for long. I normally don’t get extended warranties, but this one was the best thing I bought for that vehicle.
nice moves!

parked the '97 on incline
scrubbed out the nasty stained greasy lineX bedliner with some chemicalGuys degreaser and scrubby
incline was for proper drainage out the back when hosed down after the hand scrub
came out ok, much cleaner looking than B4
couple of reddish spots still no idea whut kinda greasy that is or could be crusty from the old flyWheel that needs another soak-n-scrub

this is year 5 since that lineX was sprayed and i shall have to pay a visit to the shop that sprayed it when it gets much hotter out this summer (lineX is more pliable and softer when hot) to see whut he thinks about it

Last edited:
parked the '97 on incline
scrubbed out the nasty stained greasy lineX bedliner with some chemicalGuys degreaser and scrubby
incline was for proper drainage out the back when hosed down after the hand scrub
came out ok, much cleaner looking than B4
couple of reddish spots still no idea whut kinda greasy that is or could be crusty from the old flyWheel that needs another soak-n-scrub

this is year 5 since that lineX was sprayed and i shall have to pay a visit to the shop that sprayed it when it gets much hotter out this summer (lineX is more pliable and softer when hot) to see whut he thinks about it
Why would you not want a line X bedliner ? I paid $200 to have my old 2001 F-150 sprayed with line X. Absolutely loved it.

Idk how the older taco beds came, but when I got my gen3, the bed appeared to be already coated with some sort of protective liner, plus I had asked them to put the bed mat in it along with having the tonneau cover. Except for the mat needing a good cleaning, everything appears new new in there.

a mat woulda been nice on the relative's gen2
that composite is scratched up to crap

cleaned up a BIG black greasy print on the carpet by the shifting console left behind by that sloppShopp

used Folex carpet spot remover and dabbed at it with paper towel
it seemed to clean up well with zero fukks

Back