What's your favorite national park to visit?

so is a small area of Iowa! LOL they even made some film about it all which i do not think i have ever watched

Roseman_Bridge.jpg
That's one nice looking modern covered bridge. The bridges here have been upgraded years ago, but still retain a lot of the old wood from the last century.
Btw, its been snowing hard since 10 am, got close to a foot of snow currently, and still coming down. Just northeast a couple towns over, they have almost 18'' now on the ground. Suppose to let up by 9pm. Gully whopper was a little late getting here.

We hike Jacque Cartier its like 4 hrs. When we finished my wife says how did u like that hike ? I said "Great little cool out in October !" Then she says its a black diamond trail ! Wtf at least she told me at the end of the hike not before :)

Is teddy Roosevelt NP in western north Dakota worth a trip?
Day n half drive from here, a bit north of rapid city SD

Last edited:
found it closed in August due to Hilary
Park Ranger said could be up to 3 months before all the roads are cleared and maintenanced that were ravaged

IMG_7765.JPG

IMG_7766.JPG
IMG_7767.JPG
IMG_7769.JPG

IMG_7770.JPG

IMG_7772.JPG

IMG_7777.JPG

pics probably from the park ranger officials?

Last edited:
Yellowstone, in winter. Far fewer people and a completely different experience. If you go be prepared for winter. I saw folks who didn't even have any sort of jackets.

Someday I gotta take a train out to jellystone in the winter, and tour the place on a rental sled.
Been on snowmobile bag rides all over quebec. Saw some incredible scenery in the gaspe, saguenay, and mount valin's region like nothing else I've been to.

Someday I gotta take a train out to jellystone in the winter, and tour the place on a rental sled.
Been on snowmobile bag rides all over quebec. Saw some incredible scenery in the gaspe, saguenay, and mount valin's region like nothing else I've been to.

just load up your taco with your own sleds, head north of CT a bit to grab route 20 then wheel it west crosscountry. you will eventually hit a real nice area of urban south Chicago and then the adventure begins across Iowa, Nebraska, and Wyoming :)

IMG_6378.JPG

IMG_6375.JPG

IMG_6380.JPG

just load up your taco with your own sleds, head north of CT a bit to grab route 20 then wheel it west crosscountry. you will eventually hit a real nice area of urban south Chicago and then the adventure begins across Iowa, Nebraska, and Wyoming :)

View attachment 40367

View attachment 40368

View attachment 40369
That pic is the same as you would ride anywhere on a sled in quebec, for that matter even places near here. It's heading out to these remote scenic sites that I want to go to.
Why waste time loading a sled, and hauling a trailer, then driving all the way there when I can ride, and rent for a week.

its all about the adventure and in getting there to the destination safely :)
then find your way back, usually a diffrent route for the return makes it even more adventurous

I would absolutly love to see a trailer with sleds being hauled through route 20 on the Chicago southside (during the daylight hours, obviously)

its all about the adventure and in getting there to the destination safely :)
then find your way back, usually a diffrent route for the return makes it even more adventurous

I would absolutly love to see a trailer with sleds being hauled through route 20 on the Chicago southside (during the daylight hours, obviously)
Sorry, but with the technology vehicles have today, there's no adventure on asphalt highways anymore unless you like chasing miles. Imo, it's boring. I'd sooner let someone else do the driving. You have to worry about some a-hole's stealing your stuff, or causing an accident doing those long rides. I've been through it years ago. Nothing has changed, in fact it's gotten worse.
What I'd like to see is the border to border....vermont to canada run for sleds to come back....even include ma. in it too. I know this will never happen due to all the land development that has gobbled up the old trail systems, but its a dream I've had.

I have to agree that a train is better than driving. Trains seem to go through country that makes highway scenery pale. Now have that train pulled by a steam locomotive and the trip just seem magical. Then again, I'm a train nut so there's that to consider.

Being an old steam engineer I have a few times talked the train engineer into letting me ride in the cab. Though because of regulations I have never driven one (wink, wink).

Back