2-3 inch lift kit

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by lovemytaco35, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Toyota recommended this kit to maintain same factory ride. They install these kits on all new lifted taco's they sell at the dealers. How am i losing 3" of travel ?
    Sure feels the same when I drive it.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

struts becoming bumpstops equal snapping them

I dont know exactly how much travel u lost, but you def did lose some.

Toyota does alot of things they shouldnt do.
    They are not aftermarket suspension experts and should never be held as such. They have this "trd" team who works with REAL suspension manufacturers and engineers. Even then they get shit wrong.

Toyota also installed rugged fail tires, sold faulty intakes (newer trd), sourced terribly soft spring packs for the US, over rated their hp figures in 2005, over rated their payload capacity and later had to stick on yellow tags to show the correct payload, the list goes on and on.

Dagwood likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

An above strut spacer doesn't take travel away it changes the way it travels. For example, if at factory ride height, you have 4" of down-travel and 4" of up-travel. Total suspension travel is 8". Adding the three inch spacer will push the suspension down using 3" of the down travel the suspension has. You would now have only 1" of down-travel, but you'll have 7" of up-travel. Total travel remains the same, 8" just don't hit a bump :eek:

Mauricio Garcia likes this.
  5. billyboston707

billyboston707 Well-Known Member

How do you think you didnt lose it.to put the spacer in they had to compress the shock. So however big your spacer is thats how much travel you lost

6. OR17TRD

Did you read what I said at all?

7. longshore

longshore Well-Known Member

Okay so you keep total travel but only have one inch of down travel? You're still screwing up the truck big time. Not something I would ever do.

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. billyboston707

9. OR17TRD

You got it. Not so hard to understand.

10. OP
    lovemytaco35

lovemytaco35 Active Member

11. OP
    lovemytaco35

lovemytaco35 Active Member

New 2inch lift with 20 inch black wheels

12. billyboston707

Love everything besides the 20s. Not a fan of anything bigger than 18s on trucks