4wd's Budget Build

Ok, just got back from LaLa land with new rear diff. , lo & behold, looks like the UPS truck was here with some more goodies... Not a great pic but there's 2 cv axles,2 LBJ's 2 axle/wheel bearings (Timkin) & 2 ABS tone rings, guess I'll throw this **** on & see what sticks haha... No Eibachs tho' apparently they're out from a phone call recieved...

IMG_20171109_204411.jpg

Ok, just got back from LaLa land with new rear diff. , lo & behold, looks like the UPS truck was here with some more goodies... Not a great pic but there's 2 cv axles,2 LBJ's 2 axle/wheel bearings (Timkin) & 2 ABS tone rings, guess I'll throw this **** on & see what sticks haha... No Eibachs tho' apparently they're out from a phone call recieved...

View attachment 13631
Christmas came early at your house.

Reactions: 4wd

Good to go. Getting it all back together.

Well the diff is in & buttoned up but couldn't press in bearings because ABS retainers were wrong
& the right ones won't be here till monday, so, ****.... I'll do the CV's tomorrow...

Ok, I recently (like 2 days ago) swapped out my stock 1st gen progressive coil springs for a set of 2nd gen coils off a 2015 Tacoma.

I was looking to gain an inch in front to level out my truck & I got 1.5" of lift , throwing my stock uca's out of range for alignment, so I reset the clip on my 5100's to the middle setting & pretty much hit the mark...

IMG_20180106_100350.jpg

IMG_20180106_100515.jpg

IMG_20180106_100305.jpg

Ok, I recently (like 2 days ago) swapped out my stock 1st gen progressive coil springs for a set of 2nd gen coils off a 2015 Tacoma.

I was looking to gain an inch in front to level out my truck & I got 1.5" of lift , throwing my stock uca's out of range for alignment, so I reset the clip on my 5100's to the middle setting & pretty much hit the mark...

View attachment 14425

View attachment 14426

View attachment 14427
You hit something. Looks good!

View attachment 14425

View attachment 14426

View attachment 14427

The prettiest “Impulse Red Pearl” Tacoma on the forum!

Thanks guys , kinda slow in MODS but it'll pick up , I DO need sliders & another tube bumper so I'll do a mock up first, get dimensions, get to a bender, fire up the mig & start slapping tubes together & see what sticks...

EDIT: I'm still about 3/8t" from level but I'll live with it for now....

Did my own alignment & pretty happy about the outcome , ride is def smoother than the preloaded progressive...

Disconnected my sway bar as well, as usual takes a little bit to get used to the truck moving free'r

than before, no sway bar = more articulation...

Back