Atkinson cycle 3.5

There are updates for the transmission and you can have them check the fluid. Some of the 2016/17’s were coming from factory with low fluid. Not sure how many 18/19’s are but That can cause issues. Like @Bogunn said the truck will learn your driving style. Also like @B-Man said don’t be afraid to get on it it’s not a baby truck. ECT button makes you cool. Like @Crawdad said we like pictures.

What grade fuel are you guys running? Was just glancing thru this catalog they call an owners manual and it says 87 or better. Beings its a high compression engine I was thinking at least 89, possibly 93.

I always use either BP or Shell, depending on which end if town I'm in when I decide I need gas. Whatever is in it right now is what the dealer put in it, ya know my "free" full tank of gas. I'm sure its good stuff[emoji20]

Maybe it's just generation shock. I researched the **** out of the second gen, I test drove half a dozen but ended up stumbling on a great deal on a loaded 2016 and jumped on it and to be honest at first I was disappointed in preformance (I also didn't test drive it) ... But boy give it a few weeks. Drive it, put that peddle down. After a few oils changes you'll both be more acquainted and you'll hopefully be as happy as I turned out to be. I love my 2016.

Maybe it's just generation shock. I researched the **** out of the second gen, I test drove half a dozen but ended up stumbling on a great deal on a loaded 2016 and jumped on it and to be honest at first I was disappointed in preformance (I also didn't test drive it) ... But boy give it a few weeks. Drive it, put that peddle down. After a few oils changes you'll both be more acquainted and you'll hopefully be as happy as I turned out to be. I love my 2016.
Drive it like a Civic and u will find the power.
Drive it like a truck and ur gunna be wondering why ur minivan ain't movin much

I guess I'm just too much old school and don't understand all this computer stuff. I thought the computer made adjustments to run the best on whatevwr gas you ran, ie, knock sensors retard timing to stop pinging, run better gas and timing is allowed to be advanced. Then you have VVT and the computer controls the injector pulses. Am I in the right ballpark or am I reading far too much into this?

I guess I'm just too much old school and don't understand all this computer stuff. I thought the computer made adjustments to run the best on whatevwr gas you ran, ie, knock sensors retard timing to stop pinging, run better gas and timing is allowed to be advanced. Then you have VVT and the computer controls the injector pulses. Am I in the right ballpark or am I reading far too much into this?
To what extent?

If I run 110 would I make more horsepowers than 91?
If so, how much 110 would I need to run to purge all the 91 out of the tank safely without cooking the fuel pump?

Even then, vvti is most likely load based right?
So.... How about octane on demand?

Where's Tom Nelson at?

Yeah I ramble a bit when I don't sleep well.

To what extent?

If I run 110 would I make more horsepowers than 91?
If so, how much 110 would I need to run to purge all the 91 out of the tank safely without cooking the fuel pump?

Even then, vvti is most likely load based right?
So.... How about octane on demand?

Where's Tom Nelson at?

Yeah I ramble a bit when I don't sleep well.
Cause your ears were burning. :D

Back