Differential recall

Master tech coming out to look at the rear diff and all other issues with axel wrap(bump after stop), transmission holding gears going up the mountain pass, the cross wind noise, the drivers seat wobble...
my main concern is this rear differential leaking.
It started leaking and only had about 2800 miles on it. I took it to them in July 2017. 009A5718-A12E-4BB4-BEC0-C9370FED69E7.jpeg They told me mine wasnt part of the recall. They torqued the bolts down and told me that would fix it and to keep an eye on it. Kept an eye on it and it got worse. By October I wanted them to try and fixed it again. The truck had 4200miles on it. Took it back to them they were able to get the gasket and replace it. They told me that should fix it.
I kept an eye on it it. It started leaking in a few months again and I scheduled my 1 year service. 18F34508-A61F-440E-A99C-05644F9D6EA6.jpeg It had 6200 miles on it at this point. They completed the sevice and I was told they checked the diff and torqued the bolts again and that should fix it.
800 miles and almost 3 months it’s still leaking.50C3B0AD-CA1F-4ECB-9C87-6769CD06267A.jpeg I have a master tech coming out at the end of the month to fix it again. I’m guessing replacing the gasket for a second time and then having me wait and watch it so they can torque the bolts and have me wait and watch it so they can replace the gasket a third time to have me wait and watch it and come back so they can torque it down so I can....
I feel like I’m in the twilight zone.

Last edited:
Master tech coming out to look at the rear diff and all other issues with axel wrap(bump after stop), transmission holding gears going up the mountain pass, the cross wind noise, the drivers seat wobble...
It started leaking and only had about 2800 miles on it. I took it to them in July 2017. View attachment 18724 They told me mine wasnt part of the recall. They torqued the bolts down and told me that would fix it and to keep an eye on it. Kept an eye on it and it got worse. By October I wanted them to try and fixed it again. The truck had 4200miles on it. Took it back to them they were able to get the gasket and replace it. They told me that should fix it.
I kept an eye on it it. It started leaking in a few months again and I scheduled my 1 year service. View attachment 18726 It had 6200 miles on it at this point. They completed the sevice and I was told they checked the diff and torqued the bolts again and that should fix it.
800 miles and almost 3 months it’s still leaking.View attachment 18727 I have a master tech coming out at the end of the month to fix it again. I’m guessing replacing the gasket for a second time and then having me wait and watch it so they can torque the bolts and have me wait and watch it so they can replace the gasket a third time to have me wait and watch it and come back so they can torque it down so I can....
About 5 (flat against the housing), tight wraps of nylon string with a just enough sillycone to stick the string to, is the best ford 9" 3rd member gasket I've ever used, and reused many times. [emoji23]
If all else fails, try that. Haha!
Sorry, had to. But, seriously? They've already been there and it still leaks? That's just pathetic. Might as well go to Jiffy Lube.

About 5 (flat against the housing), tight wraps of nylon string with a just enough sillycone to stick the string to, is the best ford 9" 3rd member gasket I've ever used, and reused many times. [emoji23]
If all else fails, try that. Haha!
Sorry, had to. But, seriously? They've already been there and it still leaks? That's just pathetic. Might as well go to Jiffy Lube.
I’m over it. Ive given them over a year to try and fix it this will be the 4th attempt.

It started leaking and only had about 2800 miles on it. I took it to them in July 2017. View attachment 18724 They told me mine wasnt part of the recall. They torqued the bolts down and told me that would fix it and to keep an eye on it. Kept an eye on it and it got worse. By October I wanted them to try and fixed it again. The truck had 4200miles on it. Took it back to them they were able to get the gasket and replace it. They told me that should fix it.
I kept an eye on it it. It started leaking in a few months again and I scheduled my 1 year service. View attachment 18726 It had 6200 miles on it at this point. They completed the sevice and I was told they checked the diff and torqued the bolts again and that should fix it.
800 miles and almost 3 months it’s still leaking.View attachment 18727 I have a master tech coming out at the end of the month to fix it again. I’m guessing replacing the gasket for a second time and then having me wait and watch it so they can torque the bolts and have me wait and watch it so they can replace the gasket a third time to have me wait and watch it and come back so they can torque it down so I can....
Man I hate that your still dealing with this crap. Pathetic...

Back