E.D.T.... every darned time

Thats OK. You're gonna need new axles due to corrosion damage and dry bearings.

Have you looked into other sources??? Or just Toyota?

oem axles that were originally ripped are in the back trunk still waiting for the boot kit

I've seen online in the past, there's plenty of boot kits offered for the gen2, and 3 tacoma's.

Last edited:
about 5 years ago i paid good coin to have a 'transmission weep' on the '97 at the shift tower taken care of
now i gotta locate that receipt to double check if there was a gasket or if there was not a gasket involved in this task
based on some recent conflicting information...

How long you been waiting on that boot kit???? Running axles with bad boots? If so, you're going to need more than boots. I can imagine what road sand, salt, snow, water, ice......would do in that joint.

Ironically, you could have new axles in there in less than a week. But you would need to source other than Toyota.

LIfe isn't hard, unless you make it so.

Put pricey axles from Napa on
And those napa junk apparently shredded ripped in just 6k miles
Grease all over the old grease!

:confused:

Really? You know NAPA does have a warranty on their products. Did you make a claim with NAPA?

Or just spewing internet mythinformation.

FWIW, I've got nearly 8K on my NAPA axles. Not a hint of a problem...... Just inspected the boots last weekend during the oil change.

Don't know what you do to your truck, but it does seem to be a break-down looking for a location.

I have yet to figure out whut all is going on with those boots to rip so soon!
Cheapass rubber is all I know compare to toyota rubber
Napa axle also seem to induced some nasty rumble vibe cruising at 50 to 65 mph

I have yet to figure out whut all is going on with those boots to rip so soon!
Cheapass rubber is all I know compare to toyota rubber
Napa axle also seem to induced some nasty rumble vibe cruising at 50 to 65 mph
So, what are you running for axles now???? Broomsticks?

For boots to fail that early, I'd suspect install damage.

It's quite possible of install damaged the culprit and not just junk parts
Not a thing was proper and kosher in that experience

Sounds like the problem is thinly ascribed to the part.

The install can be tedious with the handling of the inner and outer boots. Lots of metal snags in that area that could easily puncture or tear a boot.

...doing inventory on a recent parts delivery that had been backOrdered since end of November

found that 8 items were missing from the package
:confused:

Time to find another supplier.

Have you paid for the missing parts??? If so, hope it was on a credit card, then you can dispute the charge due to non-delivery of the items.

Back