E.D.T.... every darned time

The irony about specialty auto tools is most can be borrowed from an Auto store for just a deposit. Then when the tool is returned, your deposit is also returned.

Zero cash out of pocket.

a very chilly drive on the open freeway yesterday with heater on and 20 degrees outside in the wind

and i noticed a peculiar cold draft at the transmission shifter hump at the center console that honestly i do not recall ever experiencing before! cold air blowing on the fingers down in the middle

was there some sort of insulation at that transmission hump opening hole that WAS NOT put back properly to prevent any drafts like i was experiencing??

I parked right next to a cool black GMC canyon denali yesterday and took a step back to see whut I got
HFS that GMC is a mighty big truck in the rear for being a midsize pickup
and the 4door BS

definite cold drafty coming from under the center console near the transmission/transfer stick opening on the tunnel hump
wonder whut the deal is going on there :confused:

contributing to excessive wind-drag and the near 3 mpg loss of fuel economy compared to historic #s

?? nobody else out there has these issues such as yours truly has been having time and time and time and time again again again

:(

wtF is this???
new rack OTRs not at all evened out as it ought?

left side

OTR left outer tie rod new rack.JPG

right side

OTR right outer tie rod new rack.JPG

to center the steering wheel proper i MUST turn it a bit to the right
will the allignment shop unscrew these some to even it out proper and center the steering wheel
how does all of this work
i am so clueless at the moment! :confused:

Yes I agree, you are clueless on wheel alignments. Not every component in your trucks front end is manufactured to exacting specs. to provide the same amount of threads on each tie rod for an alignment......it's why each rod has enough threads so you CAN align it. Me thinks you need special help that no one here can give.

I have pics of the old rack still with otr attached and the #threads on each side are not all whack out like that
Yes I have watched a Timmy the toolman uTube for this to cause consern
There is a rag joint with splines... All I know at this present moment

Last edited:
Back