Early Check Engine

Seriously? A gas cap can cause check engine light lol All this technology is going to far man. I thought an oil change check engine light was it a little much now a gas cap. It should pop up at a gas cap or something other than engine.

Absolutely. Most vehicles will tell you that on the gas cap or somewhere visible.

Still no resolution as I havent been to the dealer yet. Filled it up today and can smell gas fumes in the garage. Strange.

Still no resolution as I havent been to the dealer yet. Filled it up today and can smell gas fumes in the garage. Strange.
Did you replace the cap?
Maybe someone punctured the tank to drain the gas? I’ve heard of people drilling a hole in the top of the tank to syphon gas out. Maybe crawl under and look around. See if you can spot a smelly hole.

Okay, this is my guess. When I installed the Bakflip MX4, I drilled out the two drain tube holes near the cab. I think I may have punctured the filler neck with the tip.of the one inch bit....ugh....any ideas how hard/costly this replacement will be? I want to punch myself.

Okay, this is my guess. When I installed the Bakflip MX4, I drilled out the two drain tube holes near the cab. I think I may have punctured the filler neck with the tip.of the one inch bit....ugh....any ideas how hard/costly this replacement will be? I want to punch myself.
That sucks. At least you’re one step closer to getting it resolved. Hoping.

Back