Entune is garbage

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Scott Carpenter, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Scott Carpenter

Scott Carpenter Active Member

Why haven't they updated it yet? It's a joke my truck only works with Bluetooth!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. YoSoyTuPapa

YoSoyTuPapa New Member

Oh man. Do you have the SR5? Or the higher capacitive touch entune? JBL? I'm looking at getting a new Tacoma but will probably rip out the system n put in a NEX pioneer unit that has CarPlay. I have one in my car now and love it

4. OP
    Scott Carpenter

No I have a TRD OR with the JBL system. Sounds great but the connectivity sucks!

5. Jmb0351

Jmb0351 Member

Mine works great. You're having trouble with XM?

6. TacoRick

TacoRick Well-Known Member

No problems with mine

7. scott.c.wickham

scott.c.wickham Active Member

Mines ok...

8. rabbit070

rabbit070 Member

I have the SR5 and everything works great in it. Bluetooth, usb, xm, everything. Only thing is I can't reply to text with voice with my iPhone.

9. snytt

snytt Well-Known Member

I have the Limited, so far everything works perfect

10. socaldiver

socaldiver New Member

Everything works but sending text messages. All the videos show that you can send a quick message

11. vcdc3

vcdc3 Member

I have an sr5 and it works fine.

12. 2017taco

2017taco Member

I just got a 2017 SR5 today and y'all are scaring me that my radio is gonna take a ****

13. OP
    Scott Carpenter

There's nothing wrong with the radio just the interface app with your phone

My works fine with Bluetooth or direct connection

2016 DBL Cab SB AT TRD OR 4x4 Quicksand

14. Tonka Tex

Tonka Tex Member

16 TRD OR. No problems w mine either, except that wanker gps they put on there.

15. ChrisK7UND

ChrisK7UND New Member

I'm not having problems per say but auto connecting to the Entune app is hit or miss. Sometimes I get the weather etc. and other times even though the app is running it says "No HD data available"

16. bocanegraf

bocanegraf New Member

I have an sr5 but mine doesn't do GPS. I have downloaded the app but it still doesn't allow me to use GPS from my phone is this normal?

17. spyderfxst

spyderfxst Active Member

I downloaded the app Scout for GPS but it uses my phone data. I wish there's another way

18. CEStanley

CEStanley Member

2016 Taco 4x4. Entune has sucked from day one. My wife has a Camby and Entune sucks in it. Better in both to Pandora and Bluetooth.

19. pagosajoe

pagosajoe Member

Found out that Entune Plus doesn't work with GPS Scout on my Limited. Anyone find a way to get GPS Scout to work on a 2017 Tacoma Lited?

20. Jim Burns

Jim Burns New Member

Gonna rip out this Entune **** & put a NEX 7200 next week!

21. Chip276

Chip276 Member

Have a '17 SR5.
    Can't get my VIN recognized to even create an Entune account, much less see if it works properly when paired to my phone.
    Bluetooth works fine.
    The XM trial is giving me maybe 10 stations to choose from, garbage.