First Accessories for new buyer?

It really depends on what your goals for that truck is. Are you a mudder, overlander, or just a in town driver?

Regardless of what your goals are, Lights are always a necessity. I run round KC LEDS.

I ordered a few cheap things today. Ordered a better front recovery hook from Bulletproof fab for $78 after 15% off code (plus $9 shipping). Had a 15% ebay code so ordered an aluminum oil filter housing and a 5/8" temporary 6000 lb recovery d-ring for $22 total. To use the hd 3/4" d-ring I need to trim the pro skid plate. Also mobil1 has their semi-annual $17 rebate active until May 31 so looking for an oil sale and eventually a Fumoto oil drain valve.

Exhaust. Gibson stainless catback $236 after rebate with lifetime warranty. Very nice growl without the drone. Compliments the K&N cai very well.
Do you need a tune for after installing the cold air intake ? I heard you do , only thing stopping me from getting one

Do you need a tune for after installing the cold air intake ? I heard you do , only thing stopping me from getting one
No. My truck had better throttle response immediately by adding the Cai. It runs awesome now by also adding the exhaust. No tune required.

Mounted the front recovery with a temporary 6,000 lb 5/8" shackle with some temporary zinc anti-rattle washers. Need to trim skid to clear the 3/4" shackle.front recovery with temp 6k d-ring.jpg fr recovery temp 6k d ring.jpg Bulletproof Fab front recovery hook, Liberrway rear recovery hook and a Toyota aluminum oil filter housing around $125 total
front recovery.jpg rear recovery.jpg aluminum oil filter housing.jpg

Last edited:
My fist mods were, weather Tech wind visors and floor mats. I also got Carheart Seat covers. Love all 3! Would recommend to anyone looking for easy things to do unfortunately they are kinda pricey

My fist mods were, weather Tech wind visors and floor mats. I also got Carheart Seat covers. Love all 3! Would recommend to anyone looking for easy things to do unfortunately they are kinda pricey

All good add ons. Welcome to the forum.

20171006_165843.jpg20180314_190641.jpg20180316_160559.jpg

Seat belt pads-12$ for 2
Key fob-35$
Quick fist clamps(20$ for 2)and t-nuts-(20$ for 5) to make shovel and etc mounts. I've got tons more mods but that would entail +20 photos lol

Back