Front Grill

Discussion in 'Member Builds' started by Tango's Tacoma, Sep 5, 2018.

1. So I just bought my 2018 Trd sport and looking to change the front grill and black out the chrome on it any suggestions??? Thanks everyone

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I still like the pro grille. I do like the one @Crawdad has on his too.

Tango's Tacoma and Crawdad like this.
  4. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

There it is. I would like the Feaux Preaux grill if they weren't so popular. Haha 20180905_194447.jpeg

5. OP
    Tango's Tacoma

Tango's Tacoma Member

Where can I find that grill?

Bogunn likes this.
  6. Crawdad

Tango's Tacoma and Bogunn like this.
  7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. You can also get a pro grille for under $200.
    But @Crawdad does have a sexy front end on his rig.

Tango's Tacoma and B-Man like this.
  8. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the '18!

Tango's Tacoma likes this.
  9. Hawkrocker78

Hawkrocker78 New Member

I was very interested in the same thing as OR. To avoid being a poser with the non-PRO edition truck I decided for painting the grill matte black and my skewp to match. Cost was $150 done by a professional autobody shop. They also took my logo and clear coated it satin instead of the polished look. It has not messed with my sensor in anyway. I like the pro edition grill but so does every other person out there. I wanted to be different but not spend hundreds for a new grill on a brand new truck. Screenshot_20181105-190533_Gallery.jpeg 20181105_190905.jpeg 20181105_190921.jpeg

10. OR17TRD

That looks good. I like the 2018 honeycomb grille I just don’t like the chrome surround.

Bogunn and TucsonSteve like this.
  11. Hawkrocker78

Hawkrocker78 New Member

Thanks! I thought so too! I was apprehensive at first on how it would look but it turned out really nice. Another thing I didn't like was the shiny black on the honeycomb so my guy had to do some work to scuff the whole thing up and give it a very solid paint job.

12. TucsonSteve

TucsonSteve Well-Known Member

I like this a lot!

13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Looks good. I need to do this to mine.

OR17TRD likes this.
  14. OR17TRD

:eek: You have not!

Bogunn likes this.
  15. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Nope. Haven’t yet.
    I will probably get the SR bezel when I snag one cheap off eBay

OR17TRD likes this.
  16. OR17TRD

That’s what I would do.

Bogunn likes this.
  17. Crawdad

I need to snag one of them too, don't want to fix paint chips every year. Lol

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  18. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

Newbie here. 2017 Taco Limited. What sensor is in the grill/Toyo emblem? And what’s the SR bezel?

Wanna blackout the grey but keep the chrome surround and emblem.

(Hey...I like chrome accents. Let the opinion bombs begin. )

Previous vehicles: 3/4 Chevy 4wd with camper, Subaru 4wd SW (sorry), hummer h2, CJ7 lifted, a couple of Mazda B4000s.

Idaho mountain warrior to suburban street warrior. K?

(Can you tell I’m insecure here?).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Bogunn likes this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Same here. lol

OR17TRD likes this.
  20. OR17TRD

One post at a time you’ll build your confidence.
    The sensor is on the 2018+ models it’s the TSS-P which is Toyota’s safety sense. 2017 doesn’t have it.
    The SR Bazel is that chrome surround you want to keep but in Black.
    Chrome is nice on classics. These new trucks look better CM (color matched) with Black accents IMO.
    Sorry not sorry I like Subaru Wagons.

Crawdad and Bogunn like this.
  21. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

No need to feel insecure about posting brother. That’s the beauty of the forum. It’s a place to learn, show off the trucks, and share opinions.
    Like @OR17TRD said, the sensor in the Toyota symbol is part of the TSS-P system that works with the dynamic cruise control, lane departure, auto high beams, and pre-collision system.
    If chrome is your thing there’s nothing wrong with that. I like the third gens blacked out and color matched myself but to each their own.
    The SR bezel is the base model Tacoma’s grille surround. Basically it’s paying more to put base model parts on a TRD. (Sounds stupid when you say it that way. Lol) I have blacked out my emblems so it would look better on mine since it’s really the only chrome left.
    I have had 3 Subaru wagons myself over the years for the wife. They’re practically indestructible with the boxer engines. I just despise a CVT transmission and that’s all they want to use in their automatics.

OR17TRD likes this.