Gas mileage in my new Tacoma

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by miklikmotobik, May 15, 2019.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

No complaints here. Had it for a year and 8 months so far. My 2010 with 285's was lucky to get 16 mpg with a tailwind on this same drive. Just waiting on someone to swap hoods with me... haha

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

You're gonna make me cry man!! [Insert crying emoji here]

B-Man and Crawdad like this.
  4. Ruggybuggy

Ruggybuggy Active Member

Just did a 300 mile trip on Friday on a secondary road where speed limit is 55-60 and was getting around 25mpg.

20190531_174736.jpg

My tank average for the trip was 23mpg which included some idle time and city traffic.

20190531_174748.jpg

Forgot to add that the truck is a 2018 TRD Sport 4X4 and running OVT 87 base tune. The fuel mileage is actually better than what's displayed by about 1mpg because I'm running 265/70R17 tires.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    Crawdad, Scott Wyman, OR17TRD and 2 others like this.
  5. Scott Wyman

At this speeds I believe that's pretty darn good! Maybe our Commander In Chief should reinstate the national 55 mph speed limit again and save us all some money............. Haha just kidding. I'd go nutz driving 55 in Texas!

Crawdad, B-Man and Ruggybuggy like this.
  6. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

My '16 sporty turd gets 18-19 around town .speeds under 45 with 265-70-17 .i just turned 30k . .I love my truck .this was highway .

Attached Files:

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  7. Ruggybuggy

Ruggybuggy Active Member

Remember you mpg is higher than what's displayed because your running 265/70R17 tires. I did the math a while back and I think it's about 1mpg better with that tire size.

Scott Wyman, B-Man and Cape taco like this.
  8. Cape taco

I happy with that cuz its way better than 13 i was getting in my 03 tundra. Nice looking taco you have too!

Scott Wyman, Ruggybuggy and B-Man like this.
  9. Cape taco

I have check the speedo with the digital speed warning trailer the police put on the side of the road and its deadnuts to how fast im going . Whats fun is when no one is around you can stop a ways up the street and punch it to see it accelerate! But i' ve never done this myself. Ive just heard people do it o_O

Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  10. Ruggybuggy

Ruggybuggy Active Member

My speedo is bang on as well running 265/70R17's but my odo was out.

Cape taco likes this.
  11. Scott Wyman

Of course the Cape Crusader would never do something like that! Bwah ha!:D

B-Man likes this.