Gas mileage

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by TacoDragon, Jun 13, 2019.

1. 1luv45

1luv45 Well-Known Member

Well the trucks calculation of total range at fill up(assuming thats what you were responding too) is basically an estimate based on previous driving conditions so it will vary.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Truckoma

Truckoma New Member

I have 2600 miles on 2018 off Rode all factory and computer calculations says 13-14 combined.
    Next Friday I have appointment for Transmission gear haunting with Dealer. Wish me good luck!:)
    Love the Truck but not a big fan of Tranny.o_O

Cape taco likes this.
  4. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

Wnen my 2018 DCLB V6 auto was new, I was getting 18.4 to 18.5 mpg, mixed driving. Now the same truck with 7K miles I'm getting 19.6-21.4 mpg driving the same roads as when it was new. The truck was bought in July 2018, so that is summer gas here. Same summer gas I'm burning in July of 2019.

The engine will break in and mileage will increase with time. Proper tire inflation (31 psi for my tires) helps. I only burn top tier gas.

5. tjb

tjb Member

I started with like 18-19mpg. Recently I’ve been getting 21-24, same roads.

Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  6. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

24.5mpg on the way home today!

7. Jersey Black Beauty

Jersey Black Beauty Active Member

Just went up Jersey turnpike to Delaware,,was showing 23.6 @70 mph,,,all Flat ground tthough

Cape taco, lousiana taco and B-Man like this.
  8. Series6

Series6 Well-Known Member

Recent road trip, 4084 miles, overall average just over 24. One section (of over 200 miles) I averaged 30.

Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  9. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

How big are your tires ? I get 19 ish around town I only drive In s-mode , and I never use 6 gear .I hate how it hunts in and out of gear changes . Even on highway .Soon as I get in. I go to s-mode and it automatically goes to 4th then I just hit shifter to 5th and leave it . I never use Drive , my wife does though . I run 265-70-17 hankook.

B-Man likes this.
  10. Series6

Series6 Well-Known Member

Still on stock Firestones 245/75R16. Due for new tires around 60-65k. Even wear not quite to TWI's. I upped my tire pressure 2 psi before the trip. That was too much. On long stretches tire pressure went to 37 at one point. One morning I lowered it to 33 cold.

Cape taco likes this.
  11. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

I just put gas in and enjoy driving it cuz I was getting 13-15 in my '03 tundra with 285-60-18 at 42 lbs. so this thing is putting a big ass smile on my face!:) Lmfao!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    Scott Wyman likes this.