Gen2 used prices...

JayQQ97

MW surVivor ... clutched. 350k on the 0D0
does anybody keep tabs on the current pricing of these rigs in the used market
the first issuance of these are now 18 years old and i am curious as a cat about whats going on out there with them

Purchased my '06 Gen2 in 2/20 for $15,300 with 105,xxx miles.

Inflation and demand have driven prices since.

I recently checked KBB......it states value around $13k

i've read that the most recent used vehicle inflated market is coming back down

KBB is junk as it all gets and unrealistic

whats the NADA or JDPower value it?

Purchased my '06 Gen2 in 2/20 for $15,300 with 105,xxx miles.

Inflation and demand have driven prices since.

I recently checked KBB......it states value around $13k

Used car market is starting to go back to normal since new cars are now becoming more available.

i've read that the most recent used vehicle inflated market is coming back down

KBB is junk as it all gets and unrealistic

whats the NADA or JDPower value it?
HAAA!!!!

NADA says $12,500. Which is in the neighborhood of $13K.

NADA uses the same database as JDPower. All are within reasonable agreement with each other.

HAAA!!!!

NADA says $12,500. Which is in the neighborhood of $13K.

NADA uses the same database as JDPower. All are within reasonable agreement with each other.

so i ran KBB on my 26yr old rig and compared with JDPower
its definitely out-of-whack with the spread of $7k on the average between the two
and was not sure if the Gen2 has dipped into this situation yet or not whilst getting closer to 20yrs on the road for the '05

I think NADA and JDPower quote trade-in prices and not private party values. KBB does both trade-in and private party.

Appears Gen2 is holding value better than Gen1.

Often the owner attaches greater value to the vehicle than the market value.

There is also the error of believing mods add to the market value. Mods predominantly add "curb appeal" to the current owner. The mod may or may not be attractive to the next buyer.

I would suppose the 'market value' for gen1 is based more or less on a diminishing supply that gen2 has not yet encountered (for the most part)... I have not kept track of how many gen2 are showing up in the local scrapyards. Once and awhile they get one in...
therefre used prices on gen1 keep on climbing? Due to less supply
So it's probably not the best comparison between the two

does anybody keep tabs on the current pricing of these rigs in the used market
the first issuance of these are now 18 years old and i am curious as a cat about whats going on out there with them
You know Jay, curiosity killed the cat.....

You know Jay, curiosity killed the cat.....
I think he is beginning to feel around for a replacement truck. Realizing his current ride has become a money pit soaking up $$$ with small return.

So, he has a growing interest in Gen2.

NADA, KBB and JD power are all bollocks. None of the three site was I able to select 6-speed manual as the gearbox for my truck. BOO!

very clear selection on NADA, WITH/O AT.......was there another MT for that model????

KBB has a specific selection for the 6 sp MT..........

I've seen gen1's in the past that are in good condition advertised with less mileage between $5k and $7k

That is a fair price for the 4 cylinder engine paired with a 5 spd manual and 233,xxx miles.

Its been on the dealer lot for nearly 30 days and on CarGuru for 2 months. Prolly a bit over-priced for the local market.

I've seen gen1's in the past that are in good condition advertised with less mileage between $5k and $7k

how far back in the past?
things recently changed i've read in the Gen1 world of taco

will the same be said and seen on the Gen2 world or not, the time will tell

how far back in the past?
things recently changed i've read in the Gen1 world of taco

will the same be said and seen on the Gen2 world or not, the time will tell
I'd say about 3 years ago last I looked at those trucks here. I can't tell you how the frames looked...didn't crawl under them to take pics. For all I know they could have been in bad shape, but the cabs, and beds looked decent.
As far as late model gen2 taco's depending on condition, you could find a decent one that an independent auto dealer picked up from an auction selling for around $15k

where is here? northeast?
were they ones with the crutch or the older pre-crutch model years

Back