How big can I go on stock?

Discussion in '1995 - 2004 Toyota Tacoma' started by Trevor Wilson, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Trevor Wilson

Trevor Wilson New Member

I'm looking in to going bigger on tires and I found some 32/11/50s.. are these too big to fit on a stock single cab?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. BIRDSLAYER

BIRDSLAYER Well-Known Member

As long as you don't turn the wheel!

Yes, they'll rub for sure. You could beat the inside of the frt fender wells and it won't rub in normal conditions, but during flex it totally willl.

levi hill, 4wd and OR17TRD like this.
  4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

The biggest you can go on stock is 265/75/16, 265/70/17 which comes to 31.6”x10.4” so 32x11.5” is going to rub for sure. You’re more than an inch to wide and almost a half inch to tall. You could limit the rubbing with wheel spacers or a lower offset wheel and like birdslayer said modify the wheel wells where it’s rubbing either cut or heat and shape. If you always drive straight and never hit a bump you’ll be ok. In the end you’ll still be rubbing under any flex and lock.

antg13 likes this.
  5. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Shake weight...

Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.