How Did You Find Us?

Let's go Brandon!

happy-dance.gif

We are going to be promoting this site in a lot of different ways. Stickers, Google, Advertising, etc... It would be helpful to know how you found us so we can determine what methods are working the best.

So, how did you find us?
I was searching for solutions for an oil leak in a 2018 Tacoma. Dealer has tried to fix it; still leaks.

First the dealer thought rear main seal, then decided it was the oil pan. I’ve called my service advisor at the dealer; he won’t return my calls. Still leaking!
So is the oil coming down the back of the engine?
Something I've learned when hurting down an oil leak is to degrease the engine real good, then drive the vehicle for a day or two then look for the leak! It's much easier to find an oil leak on a clean engine than on a dirty engine! Although I would think with a 2018 the engine wouldn't be that dirty unless you live down a dirt road or something! Just a suggestion though! If you do that though you want to be very careful not to get your wiring or electronics etc. wet! Also oil dye really helps when hurting down oil leaks however you can only see it under uv light!

Last edited:
They did the dye and black light thing; even showed me on the mechanic’s phone that it showed a leak at the oil pan. You would think a truck with 25,000 miles wouldn’t have an oil leak, and if it did it would be easy to find. Engine is clean. I don’t live on a gravel or dusty road!

They did the dye and black light thing; even showed me on the mechanic’s phone that it showed a leak at the oil pan. You would think a truck with 25,000 miles wouldn’t have an oil leak, and if it did it would be easy to find. Engine is clean. I don’t live on a gravel or dusty road!
What part of the engine does the leak appear to be coming from? Front? Rear? Driver side? Passenger side? 4cyl. or v6?

Oh never mind you said that it looked like the oil pan! Ummm......possibly the timing cover??!!

Last edited:
I guess its not uncommon for oil pan leaks on the 3.5 as i've read some have been reporting it. I think your year truck falls into that issue.

Back