iPhone 8 messaging not working

Did your truck do the newest over the air Entune update this week?
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks . Not sure about Entune . Not sure if my system has it. I check the software updates and don’t see any available on the truck screen. Just new to the Toyota’s sorry about all the questions

Don't know how much data the update uses, I always park close to my house so I'm using my wifi when doing updates. FYI.

Go to your phones bluetooth, click on the "i" info button for your truck. Then turn on "show notifications". Easy peasy.
Same for 6S+? I clicked to show notifications as you note but Entune keeps asking me if I want to setup messaging. I select yes then it lists my phone as setup as a phonecand as a music source but nothing for messaging.

That’s what I have..... 6s. It shouldn’t need anything else. Send yourself a message. Or text a friend to send you a message.
Entune’s abilities with the iPhone are limited. But it can read messages while you’re driving. Which is more than it could do before.

That’s what I have..... 6s. It shouldn’t need anything else. Send yourself a message. Or text a friend to send you a message.
Entune’s abilities with the iPhone are limited. But it can read messages while you’re driving. Which is more than it could do before.

The way Entune reads messages is nice. Use Siri Eyes Free to reply. It’s a lot more user friendly since the update to iOS 11.

Last edited:
Go to your phones bluetooth, click on the "i" info button for your truck. Then turn on "show notifications". Easy peasy.

Have an iPhone 6S+. Did this a couple weeks ago but when I ran the setup in Entune it never seemed to confirm it took. Lo and behold after doing nothing else but drive for a couple weeks today it started working.
Very cool. If I am stopped it notifies me there is a text and asks if I want to play and if I'm moving it only reads the text to me.
Haven't tried with Siri yet. My pending OS install is 11.0.3 (not installed yet).

Have an iPhone 6S+. Did this a couple weeks ago but when I ran the setup in Entune it never seemed to confirm it took. Lo and behold after doing nothing else but drive for a couple weeks today it started working.
Very cool. If I am stopped it notifies me there is a text and asks if I want to play and if I'm moving it only reads the text to me.
Haven't tried with Siri yet. My pending OS install is 11.0.3 (not installed yet).

After the ios11 install, the stereo now shows all album artwork and the photo caller id (pic you have saved). But my phone is now having trouble for the first time ever with bluetooth connectivity. I’ll delete the phone from my truck and truck from my phone and then reconnect. Hopefully that solves it.

Back