iPhone 8 messaging not working

My phone updated to iOS 11.0.3 yesterday and started giving me issues for the first time. It wasn’t showing text messages.
I went to the Bluetooth and made sure the access for “Show Notifications” was on and it resolved the issue. Haven’t had an issue since.
Maybe this is an ongoing issue with Apple since we’re already up to the third patch after the iOS 11 release. Hopefully it’ll be resolved soon.
Also, I’d make sure my Entune was up to date.

I spent an hour on the phone with Apple and came up with I hope is a resolution. I turned on and set up the "Hey Siri" function (which I was opposed to doing) as a work around. This function did work, although I was not able to see exactly what was typed or to who I was sending it to. I then tried the microphone button again on my phone (the one by the keypad for talk-to-text), and it now works. I hope this resolves your issues.

I spent an hour on the phone with Apple and came up with I hope is a resolution. I turned on and set up the "Hey Siri" function (which I was opposed to doing) as a work around. This function did work, although I was not able to see exactly what was typed or to who I was sending it to. I then tried the microphone button again on my phone (the one by the keypad for talk-to-text), and it now works. I hope this resolves your issues.

Welcome to the forum. What you are using through the “Hey Siri” feature is Apple Eyes Free. It’s not as good as CarPlay but is decent and the voice recognition works better than Toyota’s does a lot of the time.

Back