KBVOODOO bed rack

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by sjoh527, Aug 28, 2019.

1. sjoh527

sjoh527 Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Long time no post. Lately been busy with some mods but mainly for camping. Got rhinorack crossbars mounted to my bed currently but they leave something to be desired and I don't trust them with more than two people in my RTT. But here's some pictures.

58741134137__DC2001AC-A4DF-4029-8E62-031F3303EFBE.JPG 58741130927__5CFBEA8C-E7E5-4133-9254-89AD7DDCC177.JPG IMG_1386.JPG

So I finally pulled the trigger on the Taco Max Modular Bedrack from KBVoodoo. The added benefit is I can get the tent higher to use the annex room! The bedrack comes today. Hope to install by the weekend.

B.C., Cape taco, tooter and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    sjoh527

Well got it up tonight. I'll get more pictures up when I take my camping trip I'm a few weeks. I don't have the middle bars up yet but will get them up tomorrow. IMG_1422.JPG IMG_1421.JPG

I may end up backing the rack off the cab a bit but not sure yet.

B.C., Cape taco, tooter and 1 other person like this.
  4. cvgennep

cvgennep New Member

Looks good! How do you like the bed rug?

B.C. likes this.
  5. OP
    sjoh527

Sorry I've been super busy and haven't been checking the forum. It's the husky ultrafiber rug and it's really good. Keeps everything from sliding around. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a mat.

B.C. likes this.
  6. OP
    sjoh527

Adjustments.jpg

Finally got a few pics.

7. brooks.leib

brooks.leib Member

Thanks for sharing. I'm in the process of setting up a similar config. Went with the Voodoo / Max Modular 10" in aluminum for shortbox with bakflip tonneau brackets. Still trying to decide on Tent. 20200329_190056.jpg 20200329_190041.jpg 20200329_190113.jpg

B.C., Cape taco, TacomaRob and 3 others like this.
  8. OP
    sjoh527

Looks great! I actually went down to the 10” as well. MPG took a huge hit with the tent on. Much better now.

B.C., brooks.leib and tooter like this.
  9. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

B.C., sjoh527, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  10. OP
    sjoh527

Thanks! I’ve actually have a few things in the works now. I’ve swapped out the 18” rack for the 10” and I’ve got a victory 4x4 rack on order. Lift is scheduled for the fall! Hope to get some pics of the new rack in action next month. Planning a social distancing camping trip

B.C., tooter and Cape taco like this.
  11. Cape taco

Very nice ,Not something u want to crawl out of with a buzzon in the middle of the nite lol

B.C., sjoh527 and tooter like this.
  12. OP
    sjoh527

Yeah that first step is a doozy. Luckily door is big enough to aim out without issue!

B.C., tooter and Cape taco like this.
  13. Cape taco

Watch were u step in the morning ha ha

B.C., sjoh527 and tooter like this.
  14. OP
    sjoh527

Had to drill some new holes to fit it but new FuelPax looks pretty good. 61102077617__A825941D-9D61-46D9-9899-E88BFD4F1C52.jpg

B.C., tooter, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  15. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Are fuelpax cheaper than Rotopax?

tooter likes this.
  16. OP
    sjoh527

Yes but they are definitely different. I think there’s a break down on the rotopax website on the differences.

tooter and B.C. like this.
  17. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

I have some rotopax stuff, but damn it is pricey. For my new bikes if fuelpax are cheaper I would be interested.

tooter likes this.
  18. OP
    sjoh527

Yeah that’s why the fuelpax were a better sell for me. I had to mount them external because space is at a premium for me when I go dispersed camping. Gotta be self dependent aka you gotta bring all your **** . I’m to the point where I’m downsizing what gear I can so I can free up cab room. Thankfully adding the victory 4x4 roof rack has opened up a lot of space for my cases. And I can still bring the kayak on top if I need to!

IMG_2277.jpg

B.C., brooks.leib, tooter and 2 others like this.
  19. brooks.leib

brooks.leib Member

I feel the same way... was running out of storage space so went with a kayak hauler with 2 tool boxes mounted. Problem solved! IMG_20190628_063918.jpg

sjoh527, tooter, B.C. and 1 other person like this.
  20. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Sweet trailer to.
    Great job you guys!

Cape taco, sjoh527 and tooter like this.