Lift Settling: Spacer?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by TheDonutAllStar, Oct 10, 2018.

1. TheDonutAllStar

TheDonutAllStar Active Member

I bought a 2in OME kit in July. I took it in last week for some minor rubbing and they've indicated that the front end has settled a good bit and they want to add a 2in spacer. I'm surprised by this, as it has only been on for a couple months and I specifically got an OME kit to avoid spacers all together. What thoughts/advice to yall have?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Measure from the center hub to the bottom of the fender and check it against stock that will tell you how much lift you have.

Atomic Diesel likes this.
  4. bumpedmyhead

bumpedmyhead Well-Known Member

I got the OME coils/springs/lean spacer, and it hasnt budged at all.

OR17TRD likes this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Have you used it? :D

6. bumpedmyhead

A better question would be, was the OPs installed correctly? Mine has worked well on fire roads and two tracks, but that's all I intend to use it on. Is the OP talking about the whole front end, or just the taco lean?

7. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

OME front coilovers aren't adjustable?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Lil G likes this.
  8. bumpedmyhead

Mine are not adjustable. I had Toytec assemble them, because they are smarter than me! 20180831_150830.jpeg

9. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Oh gotcha, not what I was thinking of.

10. bumpedmyhead

Any follow up to this OP?

OR17TRD likes this.