Losing your key fob

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by mcklovin77, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Desert_Vet04

Desert_Vet04 New Member

So we're looking for a guy in a Cubs jacket running around the red Lion pointing a fob at every Toyota in sight, lol

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. TacoWolfe

TacoWolfe Member

Mines a second gen. I'm pretty sure the same technology is used for the fob, but they may have thrown more in.

Scott Wyman and texasred like this.
  4. TacoWolfe

TacoWolfe Member

The fob came with instructions. It's a really weird combination of opening and closing the driver door with sequencial turns of the key in the ignition without starting. Had to laugh because it seemed like some vodo ****.

Scott Wyman and texasred like this.
  5. VBTacoma

VBTacoma Well-Known Member

I had to do that for 2 new Fobs. I also thought I was being punked! Haha The directions are crazy! I got 2 fobs off eBay for $15 or so.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    texasred and Scott Wyman like this.
  6. OP
    mcklovin77

mcklovin77 Well-Known Member

That's what I'm doing tomarrow, I know a couple of the techs at my Toyota shop, I'm bringing my other fob in tomarrow so they can match it up, I hate being down to one fob.

OR17TRD, texasred and B-Man like this.