Were fairly well off here in the northeast, biggest issue is all the tree limbs that can fall on power lines from storms, mainly freak ones with heavy snow before the leaves fall. I had my power out for nearly a week from a halloween snowstorm years ago. The mass's were screaming at our governor why this could happen. It ended up with the power companies getting a royal lecture how to maintain their lines. Now they have sub-contracted tree arborists that keep their power lines free of tree limbs. I've had them trim some my trees along the road every couple years.

Were fairly well off here in the northeast, biggest issue is all the tree limbs that can fall on power lines from storms, mainly freak ones with heavy snow before the leaves fall. I had my power out for nearly a week from a halloween snowstorm years ago. The mass's were screaming at our governor why this could happen. It ended up with the power companies getting a royal lecture how to maintain their lines. Now they have sub-contracted tree arborists that keep their power lines free of tree limbs. I've had them trim some my trees along the road every couple years.
That's good! Here in Texas we rarely get winter storms especially ones with-2 temps., that's probably why the power grid can't handle it! We do have temps well over 100 in the summer though, I've seen it hit 110 even! Those kind of temps put a strain on the power grid as well but I've never seen them shut the grid down because of it and I'm 45 yrs old and born and raised here, lived here my whole life! Our governor was really pissed at the CEO of the company that primarily runs the power grid because the sorry sob lied to him when he called him a few days before the storm hit and asked him if the grid was ready and the CEO said it was ready when it obviously it wasn't! 200-300 people died as a result!

Welcome to our little family! Banned,,like a little child for having an opinion.
Personally, I would tell them to stick there site,,your call though.
You’ll find not only a lot of knowledgeable people here with great information and tips but everyone really seems to be like Family people!

That's good! Here in Texas we rarely get winter storms especially ones with-2 temps., that's probably why the power grid can't handle it! We do have temps well over 100 in the summer though, I've seen it hit 110 even! Those kind of temps put a strain on the power grid as well but I've never seen them shut the grid down because of it and I'm 45 yrs old and born and raised here, lived here my whole life! Our governor was really pissed at the CEO of the company that primarily runs the power grid because the sorry sob lied to him when he called him a few days before the storm hit and asked him if the grid was ready and the CEO said it was ready when it obviously it wasn't! 200-300 people died as a result!
Yeah, i remember hearing all about the power grid issues texas had from that cold spell...sorry to hear people died from it that this shouldn't of happened. Now i guess you guys have other bigger issues with the border thanks to our fearless leader.

Welcome to our little family! Banned,,like a little child for having an opinion.
Personally, I would tell them to stick there site,,your call though.
You’ll find not only a lot of knowledgeable people here with great information and tips but everyone really seems to be like Family people!
Thanks man! Yeah the commentors over there at TW seem really nice the moderators however seem to be assholes! I can't tell you how many people I've talked to online that were banned over there for little petty bs.
Yeah, i remember hearing all about the power grid issues texas had from that cold spell...sorry to hear people died from it that this shouldn't of happened. Now i guess you guys have other bigger issues with the border thanks to our fearless leader.
Yeah hopefully it'll never happen again!
Welcome to the site. What part of Texas are you in? I'm in Austin.
[Thanks man! I'm in Dallas County.

I can see it with issues like you guys have down there, plus not use to coping with such cold. Up here in new england i've lost power for nearly a week after a massive halloween snowstorm, and cold some years back. Lucky we had a fireplace, and a proper home generator that got us through. I've had the power go out many times before, and after that so were pretty use to it living on a one line dirt road.

Back