OffRoadTacos 79 Toyota truck build

Well I don't have one, but my neighbor has a mig I might be able to use. That's all I've welded with before. My good friends dad has a stick welder so I haven't decided yet.

Rushed today to get everything ready for sandblasting. We are dropping it off tomorrow at 5 and picking it up Friday at 5 and then straight to the house for primer! ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1382571017.895323.jpg

Got the frame and axles primed last night. It's amazing what a difference it makes! Ill take some better pictures here soon. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1382799270.883194.jpg

Here's one of the four frame sections I have to make, it's starting to dawn on me how long the frame repair is going to take ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1383517109.452541.jpg

Decided to take a break from the truck for a while. Got to catch up on school and try to get this landscaping business up and running (of course I picked the worse time too) hopefully will start back next week

I decided to continue working on the frame when it is warmer outside. So it's on to the engine! Got it on the stand tonight and hosed it down with a whole can of wd-40, tomorrow comes a good cleaning and the start of the rebuild! I'm planning on boring it out to 2.4l (same as 22r) port and polish heads, little carb/jet work. And hopefully a nice header and plug wires. :)

Nothing too exciting has happened the past week. The engine is completely disassembled and cleaned. I'm sand blasting it this weekend and painting it. Then off to the machine shop. I'm staring repairing the floor boards and any little rust on the cab this weekend!

Dude please don't beat the crap out of this yota truck. They are becoming so hard to find and they will be collectible someday soon so keep that in mind.

I'm not, it's guna be a trail truck but I'm not going to destroy it, I'll treat her good. I'm not going to all the trouble to fully restore it just to ruin it

Now that I can upload better pictures here are a few
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1392774849.739251.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1392774830.429726.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 75
Started back on the 79 the past couple days. Working on welding in new pieces ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1403031498.910939.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1403031505.443278.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1403031519.076853.jpg also cleans most if the bad undercoating/grease off the cab floor. Should be getting the metal for floorboards today or tomorrow

Back