Other hobbies

weather was too crappy to shoot either guns or bows over the weekend, so we tied some flies instead - renegades, humpies, hoppers, inventive ones. here is my attempt at a mosquito like insect, size 20. i think i like the the smaller hooks best. i want to try an adams with it. would like to try some smaller midges too with maybe 24s to 30s (eek). but ima need a microscope with my bad eyes. haha! its fun though.20200315_144540-1.jpeg

Wow! That is so fine and such a delicate work of art. Impressive!
thank you, Backroader. it's just a humble speck of wrapped feathers and thread, nothing flashy, haha! :) but it's a fun and relaxing hobby. a lot my flies are plain jane, but effective. however, there are many talented people who really do create works of art, so realistic looking and beautiful.

:) you are so modest Tooter. A very nice quality and speaking of quality.. your flies are wonderful. :) I so respect your talent and beyond just fine looking hooks they are effective too! Well done.

IMG_6083.JPG IMG_6080.JPG Went back to the Whittington Center last week. A few months ago I bought a Steyr SSG thru an auction. My friend Robert K. Brown was selling some of his collection.

Earlier that day, I hit the White Buffalo (1123 yards) with it (and my Precision) and he autographed it for me.

All rifles are cool, that one is just cooler than some others.
The feel of a finely crafted rifle is great!
Lots of people don't understand why I like Sako so much. I can't really explain it, just feel right in my hands.

I’ve always said every gun is alittle different. If it doesn’t fit you it will never be any good. I have two browning a5 shotguns. I can’t hit with them. They were gave to me so I would never part them. I have benelli bird guns and moss berg turkey guns

Back