Replacement Headlight Bulbs

After running stock headlights on my 08 DCLB since i got her in '11, im thinking of upgrading to these : HELLA H83140272 H4 12V 60/55W High Performance Xenon Blue Halogen Bulb Set

I can't believe that in this day in age, people are still putting HID lighting capsules into halogen lamp units.

THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR THOSE UNITS!

Halogen lights and HID capsules give off different patterns of light, and therefore require different kinds of housings. While you may think you're doing yourself a world of good buy upgrading the light output of your OEM housings, what you're also doing is dazzling other drivers.

Don't be "that guy" that drives around blinding other drivers. It's a dick thing to do. Stick with halogen bulbs (as the OP asked about) and call it a day (night?)

IF the OEM projector unit is tough enough to handle the heat of a higher-wattage H4, then the consideration becomes: re-do the wiring or not? Almost all OEM wiring is 14ga or smaller, and not really up to the task of 2 high-wattage bulbs. Specially if you're driving around with the mains on all the time. Generally, re-doing the wiring in any automotive application is pretty easy, but it takes time, some knowledge, and equipment. Fatter wire, relays, the appropriate wire ends, and of course: the bulbs.

Not upgrading the wiring, or trying to put a hotter halogen bulb into a housing not designed for it can and may lead to a car-b-que. Bad juju.

woah, I missed this

I wasnt talking about output, I was talking about housing damage

I'm not "that guy"
hence my retros :D

SYLVANIA ZXE for head lights and fog lights I did,WOW so dam whiteer and brighhhhttttteeeerrrr!!!You will love them!!Or RR and return?

I'll stick with my retros ;)
11726184195_80e1067794_b.jpg

liveqw02Js.jpg

liveEjILqV.jpg

Just replaced my stock headlamp bulbs with Sylvania Silverstar Ultras..
Got some extra light without going HID:thumbup: Pretty happy that I did not have to modify my truck... just plug and go!!

I have driven like it is night and day in my 2013 Tacoma TRD, so maybe I need a slightly brighter bulb. Is there anything similar to a 60w bulb that doesn't require the tube to be tightened down in the headlight housing? What are the wires on the three side of the tube that would be running to an LED bulb?

Back