Show off your Vent Visors & Window Deflectors

Aren't vent vent visors for smokers? The only reason we used to put them on our cars growing up was so we could smoke and drive when it was raining out.

Nailed it about the smokers and that's why a lot of us still buy the 3m external visors like me. Gives me room to flick the ash outside. Another problem I experienced up here in -35 winter is the in channel would fail at times and flop out. That was years ago and 3m has likely improved but I still prefer the external mount.

This set was bought from autoanything and are made by AVS.

Attachments

• 1377706526584.jpg
    1377706526584.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 113
Aren't vent vent visors for smokers? The only reason we used to put them on our cars growing up was so we could smoke and drive when it was raining out.

I am a non-smoker; I crack them about 1 inch to vent and help release the the interior heat during hot summer months. If it rains nothing comes into the inside is the main reason I use them...

I am a non-smoker; I crack them about 1 inch to vent and help release the the interior heat during hot summer months. If it rains nothing comes into the inside is the main reason I use them...

So I can keep my windows cracked while im at work and not have to worry about rain. That and i smoke too. And they look cool.

Here in the Texas summer heat if my vehicles are going to be out in direct sun light for more than a hour, I inch the windows down and put up my sun-shade on the front windshield to protect the dash board and to help bounce off the heat waves as well. Doing this can reduce the inside temperature a great deal and make your interior component last longer.

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A5833A0A0.aspx

Last edited:
What are the best window visors? In channel or external ones? I live in Alabama so weather shouldn't be an issue.

I have owned both, the adhesive ones usually cost less than the channel type and you only have one shot at aligning them correctly during the install. The adhesive used on the product I purchased set-up immediately, so that being said you need to take more caution because your applying this product to a painted surface. Also after about 5 years the adhesive dried out in some places and the vent started coming loose. Once that happens things can get ugly.

The channel type in my opinion looks much better and WeatherTech (Click on link below) makes the best on the market; however, they are not cheap. Fairly easy to install and since they fit in the track no adhesive is required. The only negative is someone could steal them if they are familiar with the product application since no tools are required.

http://www.weathertech.com/product-education-center/side-window-deflectors/Click Here

Attachments

• profile640.jpg
    profile640.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I have owned both, the adhesive ones usually cost less than the channel type and you only have one shot at aligning them correctly during the install. The adhesive used on the product I purchased set-up immediately, so that being said you need to take more caution because your applying this product to a painted surface. Also after about 5 years the adhesive dried out in some places and the vent started coming loose. Once that happens things can get ugly.

The channel type in my opinion looks much better and WeatherTech (Click on link below) makes the best on the market; however, they are not cheap. Fairly easy to install and since they fit in the track no adhesive is required. The only negative is someone could steal them if they are familiar with the product application since no tools are required.

Click Here

Weather Tech is a good choice - :thumbup:

i installed a bug deflector on my 2008 2 days after purchasing it and have had no problems with it....sure it gets build up (dirt etc ) but nothing a good wash can't fix

Getting ready for the rain... I ordered the WeatherTech part #82792
in channel for my Gen3. I was looking at the AVS in channel part #994036 but they don't go down the channel by the side mirrors. Weathertech covers the entire channel. Should be here this weekend. I'll post pictures when I get them installed. I got them for $89 shipped through Amazon.

Back