Tailgate lock...

I've been watching some YouTube videos on the Pop n Lock installs. Looks pretty straightforward. Takes about 30 minutes.

Good Morning all. I live in Southern California and this morning I had the pleasure of watching the neighbors gardener walk over to check if my tailgate was locked and to make sure that I still had my spare tire. What a nice gesture..... Right? (I wonder why he didn't stick around when I went out to thank him) Anyway, I went out and got a lock for my spare but was wondering if anyone had any insight on which is the most secure tailgate lock. I know with enough time they can all be circumvented but what will slow them down the most?

Good Morning all. I live in Southern California and this morning I had the pleasure of watching the neighbors gardener walk over to check if my tailgate was locked and to make sure that I still had my spare tire. What a nice gesture..... Right? (I wonder why he didn't stick around when I went out to thank him) Anyway, I went out and got a lock for my spare but was wondering if anyone had any insight on which is the most secure tailgate lock. I know with enough time they can all be circumvented but what will slow them down the most?
That was really nice of him to come over and make sure your Taco was safe and secure! LOL Alot of folks talk good things 'bout the Pop-n-Locks.....http://www.popandlock.net/power-tailgate-lock/toyota-power

watch
Here's a hopefully simple question. Did ya'lls tacos come with a remote lock on the tailgate? Or do you have to get an after market remote lock?

I got pop&lock on amazon.com for US$86.00 and used this video that makes it very simple. I regret not to installed it a long time ago.

You have to get an aftermarket. Look at the pop and lock.
No Tacoma has came with an automatic tailgate lock unless it was installed aftermarket.
Was that question for me? I guess the dealer installed it. The salesman made it seem like it was standard equipment.

Back