Tailgate lock...

On my window sticker power tailgate lock is listed under "Southeast Toyota Distributor Installed Options".

Ok. That explains it. Southeast Toyota adds their own options to the trucks.
It’s actually pretty interesting.
I bought my first two Tacoma’s in North Carolina. One was a base model regular cab 2004 that had a CD player and tape deck that came in the upper models.
It was different because it didn’t even have intermittent wipers. Lol.

You guys in the Southeast appear to have a pretty creative dealer association. I ran into a South Carolina Tacoma driver in Reno Nevada last year and asked where he got the LED running lights on his truck. He said the same thing. It was a regional option. Apparently common down there.

You guys in the Southeast appear to have a pretty creative dealer association. I ran into a South Carolina Tacoma driver in Reno Nevada last year and asked where he got the LED running lights on his truck. He said the same thing. It was a regional option. Apparently common down there.
LOL, ya know I never thought about those, just thought they were standard issue. Went and dug out my window sticker again and sure enough you're correct. The thing I can't figure out is where my heated mirrors came from, no where anywhere does it say anything about heated mirrors, but ive got them too.

Great. Next time I go truck shopping I have to research regional dealer groups?

Would be interesting if we could have a local dealer look up your build to see of they are available thru Toyota's parts system. How do they work? Better at night or just for appearance?

In addition to the power tailgate locks listed under "Southeast Toyota Distributor Installed Options", it also has led bed lights listed there as well which I also thought was just standard equipment. But I have also seen quite a few trd models with no led bed lights at all. So I guess thats also not standard equipment?

In addition to the power tailgate locks listed under "Southeast Toyota Distributor Installed Options", it also has led bed lights listed there as well which I also thought was just standard equipment. But I have also seen quite a few trd models with no led bed lights at all. So I guess thats also not standard equipment?

Nope. Not standard. Unless it’s the cargo light. Bed lighting isn’t standard. That’s awesome you have it.

LOL, ya know I never thought about those, just thought they were standard issue. Went and dug out my window sticker again and sure enough you're correct. The thing I can't figure out is where my heated mirrors came from, no where anywhere does it say anything about heated mirrors, but ive got them too.

They’re standard on the TRD and limited. I don’t know about the sr5.

Back