The BS Thread To Rule Them All!!!

Probably. But I seriously doubt they would do the custom work for less than $250.

Been thru Flowmaster. Nothing better than Walker for cost, convenience, plus I need to piece together all the bits.
Yes. Starting estimate for the old Corolla with that 304 stainless is 500$ with custom flanges and hanger wire not including a choice muffler and cat or just cat delete on that classic beater

FWIW, The cat is part of the Emission Control System. It is against Federal Law to remove or tamper with it. Now, not exactly sure who would check for such violations. Although, a good shop won't delete it.

Anyone know what happened to the "Big Release" date of the gen4 Taco that was suppose to happen two days ago ? The article said something about the license plates representing "National 4x4 Day". Al I heard in the news was Trump's inditement in New York.

Attachments

• 2024tacomateaser.jpeg
    2024tacomateaser.jpeg
    460.7 KB · Views: 1
FWIW, The cat is part of the Emission Control System. It is against Federal Law to remove or tamper with it. Now, not exactly sure who would check for such violations. Although, a good shop won't delete it.
I was told by .... That the car is so old that it no longer matter!?
It may have been replaced once by muffler shop quite a spell ago but I no longer recall
It has no cat mounts or whatever at all just one long welded butcher up piece

Anyone know what happened to the "Big Release" date of the gen4 Taco that was suppose to happen two days ago ? The article said something about the license plates representing "National 4x4 Day". Al I heard in the news was Trump's inditement in New York.
No, but I do know I am almost completed with 311 months of livin' the gen 1 tacoLife + times

I was told by .... That the car is so old that it no longer matter!?
It may have been replaced once by muffler shop quite a spell ago but I no longer recall
It has no cat mounts or whatever at all just one long welded butcher up piece
To my knowledge the age of the vehicle is no consequence.

If it was made with Emission Controls, then they should be on the vehicle and functional.

I don't recall when this stuff was first mandated. I know my '77 Buick had Emission Controls and a CAT. So, its been on the books for a long time.

When you go in for emission testing every couple years, and then fail due to removing the cat, you will get the option to have the vehicle repaired, or there was something about getting a waiver, if the cost of the repair is more than the vehicle is worth....at least thats how it once was in our state. At any rate you'll have to pay another fee, and go back through emissions again.

What are you trying to do....rebuild your taco one piece at a time?
Gen7 Corolla parts lol
Got involved in a nut & bolt restore after major fuel leaks from rotted pipes filler neck and and tank
May still need to remove and replace the whole tank depending on what is found inside 2 year old stagnant and interior tank rust that is suspect
It's a bit easier to wrench around on this car thane the truck :) but the rusted bolts and nuts are a pain... Broke about 7 already but not on the tank straps thank goodness

Gen7 Corolla parts lol
Got involved in a nut & bolt restore after major fuel leaks from rotted pipes filler neck and and tank
May still need to remove and replace the whole tank depending on what is found inside 2 year old stagnant and interior tank rust that is suspect
It's a bit easier to wrench around on this car thane the truck :) but the rusted bolts and nuts are a pain... Broke about 7 already but not on the tank straps thank goodness
Thats even worse. If I had a car that old, it'd sold for any useful parts.

Back