Trd OR or trd pro

Huh? There’s no tow upgrade at the dealer. Also the rated limits are measured without the supercharger. More power doesn’t increase towing capacity.
And that's why you never believe what the dealer tells you. I didn't know anything about a tacoma and the salesman lied. He was all blabbing how I could pull 9000 pounds and blah blah blah and how it has upgraded axles etc. I know I have a power steering,oil and trans cooler but on the other hand dont all trucks have a oil and trans cooler?

And that's why you never believe what the dealer tells you. I didn't know anything about a tacoma and the salesman lied. He was all blabbing how I could pull 9000 pounds and blah blah blah and how it has upgraded axles etc. I know I have a power steering,oil and trans cooler but on the other hand dont all trucks have a oil and trans cooler?

Not all trucks have the transmission cooler. Just the tow package.

Yeah whoever that was needs a Tide pod. Tacomas are too physically small to tow that much properly. Tow capacities and parts list for the tow package from Toyota's site.

Tow.jpg

I wouldn’t tow more than about 5k and that’s if I had other mods like brake assist. These trucks are to light to haul much more. Your load would be pushing you all over the road.

Lying salesmen outnumber the honest ones...You have to educate yourself before talking to them, so you know when they are lying:cool:.

Very true. If I know more about a prospective vehicle than a salesman or if they feed me any BS I won’t deal with them anymore.
That’s a common thing these days. Salesman don’t know engine size, specs, HP, or even how to operate the features on one. That grinds my gears.

Very true. If I know more about a prospective vehicle than a salesman or if they feed me any BS I won’t deal with them anymore.
That’s a common thing these days. Salesman don’t know engine size, specs, HP, or even how to operate the features on one. That grinds my gears.
Haha... grinds my gears.

Sports cars manual, daily drivers automatic, I drove manual Toyota’s off road until this Tacoma and I have to say having an auto off-road is nice. I also wanted the crawl control feature because I’m lazy.

I went in a few weeks ago to the dealership to get a service and I asked multiple mechanics etc about the crawl control and not one person knew anything about it. Lol. I think toyota doesn't know anything about toyota lmao.

I went in a few weeks ago to the dealership to get a service and I asked multiple mechanics etc about the crawl control and not one person knew anything about it. Lol. I think toyota doesn't know anything about toyota lmao.

It’s at all the dealerships. You can usually find one or two left that actually know what is going on. Lol

“The RSCA button re-tunes the automatic transmission more aggressive when off-road or in snowy conditions” no lie this is what the sales guy told my buddy when he bought his lmfao I told the salesman to order him a new manual because he obviously needed to keep the one in his truck and read it hahaha

“The RSCA button re-tunes the automatic transmission more aggressive when off-road or in snowy conditions” no lie this is what the sales guy told my buddy when he bought his lmfao I told the salesman to order him a new manual because he obviously needed to keep the one in his truck and read it hahaha

The Rear Side Curtain Airbag switch??? That may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Lol.

Correct! Lmao I was like dude let’s buy this from the first salesman that actually knows what this button does

Back