Undercoating

If I give my trucks chassis a good wash, the labels would still look new. Original rp-342 amber done in 2 coats preserves everything it covers for a much longer time. It's not like any lanolin based rust inhibitor that wash's away after a winter, or even if driven in a series of rainstorms.

i need to get under that gen2 to see how the BoeShield application i did to the frame crossmember at the transmission is holding up after i removed that nasty tarish rubbery undercoating the dealer applied to it at new in 2o11

Rubberized under coating's is very bad. It can crack, or chip...then moisture gets under it between the coating and frame forming rust you don't see until it's too late. You want a tough waxy coating on a new truck chassis.

Rubberized under coating's is very bad. It can crack, or chip...then moisture gets under it between the coating and frame forming rust you don't see until it's too late. You want a tough waxy coating on a new truck chassis.

do you think the yota dealers that sell and possibly apply the crap in-house are aware of this?

they sell it for protection against chipping and rust proofing lmao

you would want something that self-heals... i do not know if the tough waxy coatings actually 'self-heal' or do they when it is abrased?

Why use Salt Eliminator ?​

An average of 6 billion pounds of road salt (3.1 million tonnes is used) on Canadian roads every winter. Road salt greatly accelerates the rate of corrosion on vehicles. Corrosion is not just a cosmetic issue, rusting of structural components can greatly affect the safety of vehicles as well.In fact according to the National Post, in Ontario and Quebec alone the use of de-icing salts results in about $ 3,000,000,000 in vehicle depreciation each year.In the USA drivers have spent over 15.4 billion dollars in rust repairs caused by de-icing chemicals over the last 5 years.

Salt Emiminator vs. a Car Wash​

Can I just wash the salt off my vehicle at the local car wash? Even when a vehicle looks clean,there is often a fine layer of salt that is not always visable to the human eye. The chemical composition of road salt and de-icing chemicals actually form a molecular bond with the metal surface on vehicles. Salt Eliminator is different. It removes salt at the molecular level.

1707400832563.png

Salt Eliminator is a new formula designed to combat harmful road deicing liquids and other salts that build-up on steel causing aggressive corrosion. Salt Eliminator lives up to its name by pulling salt away from the metal surface, allowing it to be rinsed away.

Salt Eliminator rinses to a beaded shine on vehicle surfaces. This versatile product can also be combined with water on carpets to remove salt build-up and staining. Get the same great results from Salt Eliminator in its convenient 400g aerosol can.

Features

• Easily rinses to a beading, waxy finish
  • Removes even heavy salt build up quickly and easily
  • Reduces surface rust
  • Can be used in any wash system
  • Designed for heavy duty applications
  • Contains no solvents, NPEs or VOCs
Usage:
Remove salt and nitrates from road deicers, trucks and trailers, cars, potash and salt mine equipment, farm fertilizers, golf course equipment, carpets, boats, motors, pumps, and many more.

Well, for starters I stay away from any car wash's. All their water comes from recycled water thats loaded with road salt, and deicing chemical washed off from other vehicles before you. Far be it for me to stop one from using salt water to clean their taco.

Well, for starters I stay away from any car wash's. All their water comes from recycled water thats loaded with road salt, and deicing chemical washed off from other vehicles before you. Far be it for me to stop one from using salt water to clean their taco.

you will have to check with the proprietor about the recycled water issue
i have heard that they are not all like that
certainly some are, but not all with spot-free rinse

Every place here is on city water with under ground water tanks using a recycling system. It would get very expensive for these car wash owners if the water wasn't recycled.

i have been hearing about this KROWN a bunch lately, mostly from a Canadian in Ontario

first heard about KROWN maybe 5 years ago from the local Yota indie shop that there is a place that does this locally
paid him a visit to inquire about it all

BUT... once he said he would have to be drilling the holes in my old taco to apply this stuff i got the F out of there as fast as i could get out of there
SMH

It's just another rust proofing company thats expanded their services, and products. A fiend of mine swears by NHOU here in the northeast.

Last edited:
not ever heard of that NHOU

found some rather nasty comments regarding the KROWN, though...

not ever heard of that NHOU

found some rather nasty comments regarding the KROWN, though...
Where have you been, NHOU has been one of the leading companies for developing rust solutions for our vehicles beginning in New England.
They even are a main advertiser on many cable tv automotive shows.

Back