2024 Toyota Tacoma to be revealed May 19th, 2023 !

I'm very happy with it. I made a good decision to order it just before covid hit. Seemed the qc on these later post covid tacos took a dump imo.

Lets face it, any 4 cylinder engine with a turbo in a truck this size is going to need expensive service usually before a normally aspirated engine will. I think toyota is banking on most owners to buy a new truck within a 10 year period.

Lets face it, any 4 cylinder engine with a turbo in a truck this size is going to need expensive service usually before a normally aspirated engine will. I think toyota is banking on most owners to buy a new truck within a 10 year period.
No way jose

I guess the ADD assembly broke in that blueberry gen4 taco. Question is why? That 4wd system has been used in toyota trucks for many years. A couple weeks ago I used 4wd under the same conditions over the cannan/wangum mountain rd without a problem in my gen3 taco.

Just another toyota info video for the gen4 taco which is nice, but still doesn't explain why the ADD unit broke in those guys truck.

I'm very happy with it. I made a good decision to order it just before covid hit. Seemed the qc on these later post covid tacos took a dump imo.

i made a good decision to get the '97 SR5 not knowing at the time that it was the last of the last
the next year 1998 Tacoma got all weird and wonky not true to yota olde school classic with redesign for the new millennium and all that jazzy jazz
then became the lone wolf struttin' through the heart of Minneapolis in super taco style where these old trucks appear to no longer exist or very few remain and extremely difficult to spot 27 years later :(
a midWest surVivor story

Last edited:
i made a good decision to get the '97 SR5 not knowing at the time that it was the last of the last
the next year 1998 Tacoma got all weird and wonky not true to yota olde school classic with redesign for the new millennium and all that jazzy jazz
then became the lone wolf struttin' through the heart of Minneapolis in super taco style where these old trucks seem to no longer exist or very few remain and extremely difficult to spot 27 years later :(
a midWest surVivor story
I guess you lucked out. Friend of mine I snowmobile with had a 96 single cab manual 4 cylinder that held up well, and got nearly 30 mpg on the highway. Far cry from what these mid size tacos have become now.

I guess you lucked out. Friend of mine I snowmobile with had a 96 single cab manual 4 cylinder that held up well, and got nearly 30 mpg on the highway. Far cry from what these mid size tacos have become now.
hope he had a rear slider window in that rig!
what colour was it?

rear slider in a single cab is a must have for the wind effect to keep it cool and breezy

Back