2024 Toyota Tacoma to be revealed May 19th, 2023 !

Heck didn't cost toyota much in the first place manufacturing those frames from all the scrap vehicles they built before. Now they're finally using high tensile steel thats costing them a lot more.
As far as these gen4 taco's higher prices, you can thank the epa for helping.

If you’ve got the cash spend it on one. Nothing wrong with that. Being on a retired budget, I will not be driving one. My 2016 is approaching 98k & it has got a lot of miles left to get me down the hwy…

Between the first year gremlins, and insane msrp, let others work those bugs out for the first few years, before thinking of buying one. There's always going to those with too much to spend that will help toyota do their r&d.

Unfortunately many in the younger crowd love all the electronics, and nanny crap these newer trucks have. It's the future whether you want to go along, or not. You can always turn most of it off as I have done.

BREAKING NEWS !

THU1517hrs03MAY2024 update;
"Hi there, The manuel transmissions have started arriving. I am taking a look through inventory to see if there are any in your desired setup. I will let you know when I find it".

On my way to home cheapo the other day I checked out all the new tocoma's at a dealer here. All 8 speed auto's, and all from $41k up...way up....speak about inflation, a sr5 4wd double cab with nearly all the same tech packages as I have in my gen3 is $11k higher than what the msrp was in 2020.

99% of gen1's here have been made into scrap. Even the gen2's are slowly being phased out of service. Several years ago there were gen2 tacomas seen everywhere, now maybe 2-3 a week on the roads here. Gen3's have taken over. A new 4wd ford maverick parked next to my truck the other day...its similar to those gen1's in size, but looked nearly 8'' lower than my truck

reports from AZ say y'all from the northeast coming down there to pick up a Gen1 to take back home and rott away
driving up the prices on the vintage Gen1s

99% of gen1's here have been made into scrap. Even the gen2's are slowly being phased out of service. Several years ago there were gen2 tacomas seen everywhere, now maybe 2-3 a week on the roads here. Gen3's have taken over. A new 4wd ford maverick parked next to my truck the other day...its similar to those gen1's in size, but looked nearly 8'' lower than my truck
how the F are Gen2s disappearing already in yer woods ?!?

reports from AZ say y'all from the northeast coming down there to pick up a Gen1 to take back home and rott away
driving up the prices on the vintage Gen1s
how the F are Gen2s disappearing already in yer woods ?!?
I don't even see a gen1 hardly anymore, and the ones I do have no rear bumper, or tailgate with the front fenders, and rear quarter panels flapping in the wind. The only thing keeping them running is the motor, and drivetrain. I've heard of no-one except you running to arizona to buy gen1's....gotta be some secret cult thing gen1 groupies are spewing.
As far as the gen2's mostly rust, and owners are opting out for gen3's, or something else.
Gen3's got high tensile frames, and more plastic to combat the rust issues, so time will tell. I seriously doubt the gen4's will sell the numbers other gen's have sold. Combined with high interest rates, dealers here are seeing them pile up on their lots. They are beginning to panic offering just short of $3k below msrp.

it does take effort and habitual routine
plus freezing knuckles, cheeks and risking frozen doors in the morning to DIY hose it all down
LMAO
i have lived this winter life for 29 years since i got that first blue toyota pickUp truck... which was a single cab with NO AC NO CRUISE NO INTERMITTENT WIPERs

Not everyone has access to being able to wash the salt off. Going to a car wash can be worse. They use salty water from all the other vehicles ahead of you that is recycled in their tanks during the winter months making chassis rust even sooner. Unless you got the vehicle properly undercoated which many don't or have no clue, 7-10 years is all they last.

Fact...a friend up mine along with a partner built/owned a cash wash years ago. He had to acquire water discharge permits from the town requiring thousands of dollars every month. By installing large water recycling tanks, he cut down on expenses. It's what all city car wash's do.

Last edited:
Back