Bank Accounts

The problem with tech equipment, computers, cell phones, tablets, gaming systems, hell anything that has a tech oriented feature, is the day you buy it it is obsolete. Tech is advancing so fast that's what is the latest and greatest today is old news tomorrow. I was considering getting a new computer after I threw my old one away and then found out a new OS was due to be released within a couple of months. Thought of no, not going thru this crap again. When I bought my last computer windows 8.1 was latest and greatest, within a month windows 10 was new and of course everything new was geared towards windows 10. The only way tech companies stay in business is coming out with new stuff, not necessarily better, just new. Look at apple and their iphones. The 13 was no sooner out and in operation and here comes 14. People standing in line for the 14 and ain't a damn thing wrong with their 13, 12,11,10. Sorry if all those numbers don't exist, I'm not an apple person. There's just a group of people out there that has to have the latest and greatest I guess to make them feel like they are somebody. Don't impress me, just give me something that works and suits my needs, which at my age are pretty simple.

I keep a specific amount in checking and savings. Once checking exceeds that number the overage goes into savings and when that hits a number, I put it into something safe and growing. Lock it down for 5-10 years.

Keeps me from buying shiny things on a whim.

I keep a specific amount in checking and savings. Once checking exceeds that number the overage goes into savings and when that hits a number, I put it into something safe and growing. Lock it down for 5-10 years.

Keeps me from buying shiny things on a whim.
Same here. I stopped playing the market wanting something more stable. Found insurance annuities pretty good vs bank cd's, plus you get tax defer interest till you take it out. Only issue it drives my accountant crazy. Trick with annuities is finding the right financial adviser thats super honest.

Back