Best Tires

I live on Cape Cod we get slushy slop in the winter and ive had my on for 4 years no complaints. And they are great on the beach at 16 lbs.i got them through walmart $ 117.00 a piece delivered to my house and got them mounted and balanced at midas muffler.

I live on Cape Cod we get slushy slop in the winter and ive had my on for 4 years no complaints. And they are great on the beach at 16 lbs.i got them through walmart $ 117.00 a piece delivered to my house and got them mounted and balanced at midas muffler.

how many miles do you expect to get out of them?
these Michelin LTX are at about 8/32 tread last time measured with almost 55k miles on them
but they are nowhere near 117$ @ DT :(

i believe they started with 12/32 or was it 14/32 ?

8/32" of useable tread depth. A tire that starts with 10/32" of original tread depth has 12.5% wear for every 1/32" that is worn away, and a tire that starts with 12/32" " of original tread depth, has 10% wear for every 1/32" that is worn away, etc.

Last edited:
Think they have 11-12/32 new probably another 15-20 k when the wear out in going to put 285-65-17 or 275-60-17 on cuz I want wider on my 9" rims and those are similar heights to the 265-70-17.

I've run Michelins on both my Tundras in the past and been very happy. I run BFG AT KO's on my Jeep since came out. I'll be putting the BFG's when these absolutely terrible Toyo's wear out.

I've had KO2s for a while and really like them. They are quite heavy like someone else said, but never had a problem with them and they seem pretty grippy for most needs and situations.

I just picked up a new 2022 TRD sport, it came with Toyo tires my question is how much bigger and wider can I go without a lift or getting any rubbing. I am also like to go with a more aggressive look and still get a quiet ride and good handling.

I never had any real issuse in the slushy slop which will be here before we know it. I' m in New England we get our share of crap in the winter and they salt the Be'Jesus out of the roads too. It can get nasty. I dont like how the slush gets caught in my step tubes sometimes it is hard to get the drivers door open it gets so caked up.

I went a size up from stock 265/70/17 on my 2023 taco.
Yokahama Geolandar AT they look and drive great. 85% road and 15% dirt.
I'm super happy so far....

When I had a set of michelins on my tundra they were not to my liking either in that kind of slop. Going to a set of general at/2 grabbers was like being hookup on a clean dry road. Only issue with the grabbers...once they get over 1/2 worn, their like any other a/t tire.

I’m running Toyo AT3’s in a 265/75/16. The traction is great in rain/snow/mud and they’re wearing really nice. But they do have some road noise and I have a slight vibration @70 mph despite 2 road force balances and 15k miles. They ride a lot better than the factory Toyo open country’s.

Back