Bought a '24 SR5

How did you manage to last nearly a week on that forum before being banned? They usually sniff out members to ban sooner than than.

View attachment 43762
Bought this '24 SR5 Taco, joined another 4um, started a thread & got banned in less than a wk. Yikes, is this common?
OMG ! That's my BlueCrushMetallic ! Who are you and when and where did you land this beautiful Taco ? There's only been less than a handful of this color that's been released and one of em went to Canada.

I snagged it in OKC before delivery from GST. Of course, I had to accept about $1500 of unwanted distributor "options". It's my 3rd blue Tacoma, I just can't get excited about ice-cap white or black. But I was surprised to get it equipped w/ the skinny, useless & unsafe temp donut spare. Especially when the published SR5 spec's clearly showed "full-size" (at least at that time). I objected to the dealer and they actually made it right by getting me a spare like the 4 on-the-ground. Shout-out to Post Oak Toyota of Midwest City, OK. I'll post more pics later today.

I snagged it in OKC before delivery from GST. Of course, I had to accept about $1500 of unwanted distributor "options". It's my 3rd blue Tacoma, I just can't get excited about ice-cap white or black. But I was surprised to get it equipped w/ the skinny, useless & unsafe temp donut spare. Especially when the published SR5 spec's clearly showed "full-size" (at least at that time). I objected to the dealer and they actually made it right by getting me a spare like the 4 on-the-ground. Shout-out to Post Oak Toyota of Midwest City, OK. I'll post more pics later today.
Greeting drb and yes, welcome to tacomaforum.com. Tacojoel is spot on about that other Taco website. Couldn't stand that place and Im so happy I found this one. By the way, have ya given your Taco a name yet ? Congrats on your new Taco. I'm still searching the globe daily for my dream Taco, a BlueCrushMetallic TRD Sport, MT, premium package with the factory dashcam.

So good for Midwest City Toyota taking care of your dilemma. I saw this last night on youtube and if you fast forward to 1:12 and he starts talking about the 4th gen spare tire. He says it depends on the trim level you choose will determine the size of your spare tire. I saw somewhere on youtube the other day and saw where the writing on the spare tire actually says "convenient spare." WTF does that mean ?

Duno, but it's now obvious to me my woke skills are very lacking. And now I'm 2 old 2 change & really don't care to conform to such. Maybe I'll fit in better here.
I knew it, I have the not woke enough issues also being a baby boomer. You'll like it here much better. You can crack a joke without fear of a vacation.

I think you're right about the trim level/spare application downgrade (hard to tell until they update their spec's). But I'll later post some pics showing the very tight fit underneath. And I can't imagine the TRD's to be any different regarding possible clearance problems of the stowed spare. The re-designed rear suspension of the 4th gen has created other issues, resulting in the downgraded smaller gas tank.

Here's a 265/70-17 spare stowed. It looks too low to me. While a 33" OD spare will fit, any tire greater than 10.2" in body width will be a clearance issue. BTW the 245 has about 3" of clearance to the exhaust resonator, and the 265 has only about 2". Real offroaders might just plan on bed storage for the spare.
IMG_0730.JPG

Last I knew your motor oil dipstick is located on the driver side on the engine.
my rig's checkStick is easily accessed from the front over the radiator
takes very LittLe effort to get at it... this new '24 truck i am curious how tasking it is with the big grille and xtra space in front

Here's one from the rear. Today I pulled the rather stupid air dam from the front (before it's damaged by the rough lease roads that I frequent).
And to me, the street tires just don't look right for a 4X4 truck. That will be changed also. View attachment 43792
Me too as soon as I get my hands on my Taco. Seems all 4th gen Taco owners are taking them off as soon as they get home on youtube.

Back