Fedex

A big goodie box of Toyota parts showed up via UPS today!
What is inside, I am stoked to find out
IMG_20221112_142649_614.jpg

A big goodie box of Toyota parts showed up via UPS today!
What is inside, I am stoked to find out
View attachment 34496
Hope your having better luck then i did today.
Started out looking at the chinese carb for a guys husqvarna lawn tractor he had ordered. Turned out its different than the original, and won't work. Next, ups delivered my last honda snowblower part this afternoon. Started to assemble the blower pulley into the auger assembly only to find whoever welded the tubes together must of been stevie wonder. They ended up misaligned that the blower shaft would not fit inside them. I had to find a reamer that size for my sunnen machine to inside, and open those welded tube sections so the pulley shaft would fit nicely inside them. Finally the rest of the job went ok. Little red is waiting for some snow.

It's cold as January here today + this whole next week
Stupid north Dakota and their record snow blizzard pushing all that cold down on top of me from the north
:eek:

Work up this morning and temps were in the mid 20's. Felt like winter is here after the last several days were in the 70's. At any rate i love the winter season, and snow unlike many around here.

Ordered some parts from RockAuto Wednesday night. Today is Friday, expecting FedEx delivery today.

.....<2 days..... No complaints.

Ordered some parts from RockAuto Wednesday night. Today is Friday, expecting FedEx delivery today.

.....<2 days..... No complaints.
I guess it depends where its coming from to where it needs to go. Fedex didn't think it was very important i get my stuff in a timely manor.:(

I guess it depends where its coming from to where it needs to go. Fedex didn't think it was very important i get my stuff in a timely manor.:(
Didn't it go through Iowa
Maybe the freight truck got blown off the road?
It's a thing to do in Iowa, I have plenty of pics!
Those twisty hills are full of nasty some days when the windmills are turning

Didn't it go through Iowa
Maybe the freight truck got blown off the road?
It's a thing to do in Iowa, I have plenty of pics!
Those twisty hills are full of nasty some days when the windmills are turning
Geez, that makes me wonder. When i finally received the package, it looked like it'd been through a war. The box was smashed, and re-taped back together. Maybe someone thought it had something dangerous inside.

@tacojoel

Were the contents damaged?? If not, then the box did its job protecting the contents.

About the only thing you can do is take pictures, then inform the supplier. Complaining to the shipper is like peeing into the wind expecting to stay dry.

@tacojoel

Were the contents damaged?? If not, then the box did its job protecting the contents.

About the only thing you can do is take pictures, then inform the supplier. Complaining to the shipper is like peeing into the wind expecting to stay dry.
No, pretty hard to damage some specially bent thick steel brackets.

Fedex sucks.

I disagree.

Just received parts that originated in NJ. They arrived on the expected date, 3 days after the order was shipped from the warehouse. Delivery location is in the middle of a cornfield in IA.

This time of year, the UPS, FedEx and USPS drivers are humping packages 7 days/week. I have seen FedEx drivers delivering packages at 9:00 pm. I have seen USPS delivering packages on SUNDAY. Yeah, a Govt employee working Sunday.

UPS and FedEx run on a tight delivery schedule. A specific amount of time is allowed for a delivery and the delivery route is planned. Deviations or delays can result in disciplinary action, fines or dismissal.

Take a minute to say Thank You to those drivers. They perform a hard service with much pressure and little reward.

I just had a package from ups that was expected today...it actually came saturday. All my shipments from ups have been spot on. With fedex they've been always late. Even usps is much better.
Its the guys that load the packages at the distribution terminals that have a tough job...they have to do so many packages an hour. If your finally able to require a route your far better off. All in all they get paid pretty well for a job not needing to know a lot.

Are the FedEx facilities as nasty as the UPS facilities

A Long spell ago did some contracting work for ups distributions in the rafters
Some days I would come out of those rafters and be racial-fluid

Are the FedEx facilities as nasty as the UPS facilities

A Long spell ago did some contracting work for ups distributions in the rafters
Some days I would come out of those rafters and be racial-fluid
Idk, only worked with some that had jobs with ups. I use to hear enough horror stories from them till they quit so they must be true.

Idk, only worked with some that had jobs with ups. I use to hear enough horror stories from them till they quit so they must be true.
All I know is FedEx packages appear to be 'cleaner' on the outer
UPS packages usually have a slimy element to 'em
Or perhaps its all in my head from past experiences :rolleyes:

Kinda like that peanuts character that was dirty filthy

1670289649257.png

Last edited:
Back