? Gen2 Maintenance Required reminder light NOT triggering ?

reminder indicator light just triggered the other day and TODAY is staying on until reset again it would look like
so i must not have reset for almost 1900 miles on the last OCI or else it does not accurately count to 5000 taco miles

96777 current.

indicator light should be triggering soon, within next 800 miles i would suppose

IDK what it is listed as
i suppose it to be 5k
can it be programmed at all?

No, thats burned into the ecu's memory by toyota. I know there's probably not a whole lot of picture's, but read your owners manual, its not that complicated.

the light triggered today at just over 97k
gotta drop an oil sample and quickly plug back to send it to blackStone labs before treKing it off to the dealer & get that mobil1 filter changed from the 7s
...a couple punches left on the 45$ synthetic coupin club card

Is this for a baseline sample you now checking what they report back. If it's your very first sample, it's a bit late, you'd be just wasting your money what you probably already know by now at that mileage.....it's like the genie is already out of the bottle.

mainly interested in that mobil1 filter that was used last November
maybe i can just send the filter in for analysis?
they probably already have a baseLine for the 2TRFE?

They're into oil samples, not much for testing oil filters....at least I think some types. If you've never sent them a sample for your motor oil, they don't know you from Joe schmo
Btw, mobil 1 oil filters, and mobil I synthetic motor oil were all I mainly used in my tundra for nearly 300k miles. They are good oil, and filters. I also used K&N oil filters that were equally as good at times. Most oil filters are good as long as you change your oil within a year. Some just do a better job over a longer period of time. I did 2 Blackstone oil samples during the time I had my tundra...both were nearly the same 100k miles apart. When I got to 200k miles I didn't bother wasting money what I already suspected nothing would change.

Last edited:
also NEED to keep an eye on traces of coolant in the oil of the 2TRFE
apparently these engines have potential head gasket issues between 100k and 200k
which is a Big Sucky :confused:

Then whats up with the gen2 you've been using? You just claimed you turned 97k miles with the gen2 the other day in another thread...well what are you driving the gen1, or the gen2, or giving us one of your bs stories.
Btw...turnt is not a word:oops:

Last edited:
Let us all know when it gets accepted in the english language. Still waiting for what taco you really are using?

Last edited:
Back