How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

Been down in Hill County, Texas the majority of the day today so I haven't been able to get on here because my phone had no wifi connection until I got back home! Unfortunately I was unable to get any pics of Tacos in Hill County, however I did see a few really nice 3rd gens even drove behind one while driving through the country side!

no rain in Central Iowa?

the Bluffs got hammered on the mighty MO a day or so ago

more rain in one hour than during the whole month of record-breaking May!
Only little token rain. Most times its not enough to wet the ground under trees.

Today I was digging 30 inch deep post holes. Only dry dirt came up. Little to no moisture.

Did someone say snow?!?! We only get heavy frosts in Georgia :(
You missed the rocky mountain winter taco adventures from late January
This is the Day after i90 in Wyoming reopened to cautious travel
They can only scrape so much off the road. let the sun do the rest
Could be a half inch of slippery snowpack 4wheelin on
Epic.
Limit in dry conditions is 80

1685844012453.png

Last edited:
You missed the rocky mountain winter taco adventures from late January
This is the Day after i90 in Wyoming reopened to cautious travel
They can only scrape so much off the road. let the sun do the rest
Could be a half inch of slippery snowpack 4wheelin on
Epic.
Limit in dry conditions is 80

View attachment 38111
So just curious do cars up north still not all come equipped with a/c? Here in Texas and I think much of the south and southwest a/c is pretty much standard equipment because the temps can well over 100! Again just curious.

AC is standard in all vehicles that I know of. It was 102 degrees one last week when I was working on my barns roof. It can get pretty hot here in the Northeast from June to September. 90 + is not uncommon. The worse part is the humidity we get with it.

Last edited:
So just curious do cars up north still not all come equipped with a/c? Here in Texas and I think much of the south and southwest a/c is pretty much standard equipment because the temps can well over 100! Again just curious.
Depends on how far north and west?

A big issue here in the Midwest and great plains is the rancid humidity plus 90 and 100 degree days in July and August

But that humidity!

Yesterday the humidity number was higher than the temperature and how nasty it is
I can handle heat just roll windows down get a breeze going

Humid and you sit and soak doing nothing

I've had two used yotas one a truck with no factory ac
But the humidity lingers and

Depends on how far north and west?

A big issue here in the Midwest and great plains is the rancid humidity plus 90 and 100 degree days in July and August

But that humidity!

Yesterday the humidity number was higher than the temperature and how nasty it is
I can handle heat just roll windows down get a breeze going

Humid and you sit and soak doing nothing

I've had two used yotas one a truck with no factory ac
But the humidity lingers and
Okay just curious like I said. I remember hearing back in the '90s and early 2000s how lot of people in the northern states were still buying cars without factory a/c because it didn't get that hot and humid up there. I've seen cases where somebody moved to Texas from up north and the first thing they did immediately after moving here was to have an aftermarket a/c kit installed in their car! I wasn't sure if people up north were still buying cars without factory a/c or not.

My 1993 toyota 4x4 pickup v6 had no ac. It was a leftover many say I stole after making an offer in 1994. Not only no ac, but that 3.0 v6 was the turd of all turds. Had it till I bought my 2001 tundra. People just won't buy a new non ac vehicle here no matter how well it appears.

Been seeing this 1st gen in the parking lot at work a lot lately, so I decided to try and see if I can get some decent pics of it this afternoon! Not sure what color this is, I would call it a peach color myself! I've never seen one this color before, it seems rather odd to me! Maybe it was repainted this color?? Maybe it was special ordered in this color?? Hopefully Jay can chime in on this, he seems to be the expert!

Attachments

• 20230605_150800.jpg
    20230605_150800.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230605_150820.jpg
    20230605_150820.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20230605_150743.jpg
    20230605_150743.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
copper canyon mica?
if its the original paint
only one year (maybe 2) had that colour code from factory

but THAT is most likely a rePaint
the mirrors are painted and ain't never seen colour matched mirror housing as OG on a Gen1, especially a 98-00 model

Back