How often do you park beside another Tacoma….

luv that manuel transmission!
so sweet it is

when is your mother getting released?
Thanks for asking Jay. Today or tomorrow is what the doc told us last night. And it was colon cancer. The good news is he said they did a "PET Scan" and the cancer was strictly in the colon and nowhere else so that's the good news. My sister from Little Elm flew down to Biloxi before I could get here and she will be my passenger on the return trip to Texas. :)

Same parking lot, same hospital, just a different gen1 Taco today. This ole boy is an SR5 4WD and has been taken out behind the woodshed and got his butt beat. Manuel transmission and manuel hubs. When's the last time you saw manuel hubs ? But hey, it's still a daily driver.

Attachments

• image0-2 copy.jpeg
    image0-2 copy.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 1
  • image3 copy.jpeg
    image3 copy.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 1
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1
Thanks for asking Jay. Today or tomorrow is what the doc told us last night. And it was colon cancer. The good news is he said they did a "PET Scan" and the cancer was strictly in the colon and nowhere else so that's the good news. My sister from Little Elm flew down to Biloxi before I could get here and she will be my passenger on the return trip to Texas. :)
Somebody in your family have colon cancer TexasBigBlue?? I'm sorry to hear that man, I hope and pray they get it soon enough! My uncle died from stage 4 colon cancer back in 2011, it was such a horrible cruel death! I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

Well unfortunately the battery on Little Taco decided yesterday was a good day to die! :p I was leaving work and walked out to the parking lot and got in the truck and turned the key and nothing but a buzzing sound, not a sound I particularly like to hear! I opened the hood and got out the jumper cables and tried to get someone to give me a jump, without any luck at first! I have AAA so I left the cables hooked up and got back in the truck to give them a call. While I was talking to the lady with AAA and had given her all the info she needed, she was just about to post it for a technician to come out when I guy in a Toyota Carolla pulled up next to me and asked if I needed a jump. I told him I did so we jumped it off and I told the lady to cancel it because we just got it jumped off! That guy was really impressed at how smooth Little Taco was running, I told him yeah these Toyotas will run forever and he agreed! He really liked his Carolla, he joked that you need a Toyota to get a Toyota running!:p

Went directly to Auto Zone and had the battery tested and it was bad, just as I suspected! So I bought a new battery and 2 new cable ends (the old ones were corroded) at about $230 by the time everything was said and done!

Well unfortunately the battery on Little Taco decided yesterday was a good day to die! :p I was leaving work and walked out to the parking lot and got in the truck and turned the key and nothing but a buzzing sound, not a sound I particularly like to hear! I opened the hood and got out the jumper cables and tried to get someone to give me a jump, without any luck at first! I have AAA so I left the cables hooked up and got back in the truck to give them a call. While I was talking to the lady with AAA and had given her all the info she needed, she was just about to post it for a technician to come out when I guy in a Toyota Carolla pulled up next to me and asked if I needed a jump. I told him I did so we jumped it off and I told the lady to cancel it because we just got it jumped off! That guy was really impressed at how smooth Little Taco was running, I told him yeah these Toyotas will run forever and he agreed! He really liked his Carolla, he joked that you need a Toyota to get a Toyota running!:p

Went directly to Auto Zone and had the battery tested and it was bad, just as I suspected! So I bought a new battery and 2 new cable ends (the old ones were corroded) at about $230 by the time everything was said and done!
Ya know TacoMan you would look great in a new 4th gen Taco. You've earned it man. And the battery is guaranteed. :)

1706838453284.png

Ya know TacoMan you would look great in a new 4th gen Taco. You've earned it man. And the battery is guaranteed. :)

View attachment 43102
Yeah.......thanks but.........no thanks!:p I like new trucks but not new truck payments! He still runs and drives good, just passed the annual state inspection a month or so ago with flying colors! Never had a problem at all with him passing! What's a new battery?? Even a new one is gonna need a new battery a few years or so down the road!

Was at Toyota of Denton today and finally got my first pictures of BigBlue and a 4th gen Taco side by side. Beautiful, beautiful, CelestialSilverMetallic TRD Sport AT. So many more angles and lines than the 3rd gen. Yes Joel, I know it's the mini-me Tundra, mini-me Silverado, and mini-me GMC Sierra but I absolutely love the rear spoilers coming off the cab and tailgate. I know I cheated a little by not capturing a beast in a Walmart parking lot or Lowe's and Home Depot but what the heck. :)

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Yeah.......thanks but.........no thanks!:p I like new trucks but not new truck payments! He still runs and drives good, just passed the annual state inspection a month or so ago with flying colors! Never had a problem at all with him passing! What's a new battery?? Even a new one is gonna need a new battery a few years or so down the road!
How many miles on yer gen1

You say you like new trucks!? New trucks have all kinds of issues and big big problems that your truck will definitely not ever have!
A big bad v8 tundra in the Chicago shop recently on video has over 5000$ of major engine work going on :oops:

Wow wouldn't that be nice. Didn't the Dodge "K" car have an unbelievable warranty. Lee eye akoka was a genious and saved Dodge from extinction.

I heard on the news that Toby Keith died last night, I think it was, from stomach cancer! He was 62! I used to listen to his music a lot back in the day, he was pretty badass!

Back