Nebraska Taco's where you at???...

...anybody out there wheelin' in the squall on Thursday?
i missed it by a couple of hours

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG
IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

Crossing the big Platte...

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

snow on the Platte crossing Jan 2o24.JPG

Last edited:
Why all the same pics.on multiple threads? Just one would due.

are you contemplating a roadTrip to middle USA! where it is more or less void of thick trees
its not all that far (about 9 hours) to the rocky mountains from this point
u don't feel that wheelin' the big platte during a cold snow event is deserving of multi pics!?

Distracted driving in deteriorating road conditions is a very good way to become an accident statistic and likely take some other poor driver with you.

Please stop, if not for yourself, then for the other driver's sharing the road.

Distracted driving in deteriorating road conditions is a very good way to become an accident statistic and likely take some other poor driver with you.

Please stop, if not for yourself, then for the other driver's sharing the road.
Why do you keep saying that Rock ? I told y'all six months ago he probley has a camera mounted dash cam on his ummmm, dashboard, or grill mounted maybe, or go-pro mounted maybe, or even a rear view mirror mounted camera maybe (that be me) that takes all these pictures. Geez Louise. Chill-outl you grumpy old men…. And I mean that in a respectable way. :)

Well for one, I wouldn't encourage anyone to take pictures while driving on roads when others are about. It is a distraction anyway you look at it. If you need to take a pic, pull to a safe spot off the road. Imo, there are already enough bad drivers out there, don't need to add one more.

Last edited:
That would highly illegal in most states where that is mounted. Cops here would ticket you for sure for interfering with the view out the windshield.
My Garmin is a little more sleek and it hides under the rear view mirror but I have seen many, many like Jay's all over the Southern states.

Well for one, I wouldn't encourage anyone to take pictures while driving on roads when others are about. It is a distraction anyway you look at it. If you need to take a pic, pull to a safe spot off the road. Imo, there are already enough bad drivers out there, don't need to add one more.
Joel snapping pictures at 70mph through a button on my steering wheel that's hooked up to my dashcam is no more of a distraction than changing the radio station or reaching into your glovebox for a hanky.

Cops don't want to see anything, but you, and a clear windshield when driving.
Other than expecting to get in an accident to record it, I can't see much else their good for. Well, maybe to piss off a cop.

Knock it off Rock.
Why?

If we don't call out and condemn poor behavior, then we condone and support the poor behavior.

The risks are real. The impairment is equivalent to BAC of 0.08+. Do you condone driving drunk???

FWIW, he typically takes pics with his cell phone. Most dashcams are not able to snap a pic of the ODO. He is also known for posting pics snatched from internet sites. Frankly, I don't believe he uses a dashcam.

Back