Oil change

Fact is, vehicles only have so long a service life. You can keep pumping money into them like a money pit, rebuilding every item thats failing, but in the end you still end up with a worn out old truck. At sometime you have to know when to hold them, and when to fold them. As far as an arbitrary mile goal.....imo, it makes no sense just to wear out a vehicle with no reason, except to aimlessly to wander around the countryside without a goal to be there. I did enough driving in my younger days racing bikes, but at least I had a goal when it came to the end of the day.....a wall full in my den room.
Tell that to Jay Leno. He's got chit in his garage that's over a 100 years old !

1707621845546.png1707621994190.png

Yep, and most have had a full restoration, and likely not driven much afterwards. Jay Leno's collection is like comparing apples to oranges with a daily driver here. Jay Leno also has a number of full time mechanic's taking care of this collection. When your a multi millionaire that stuff is possible.

Heard my doorbell just ring....went to see who was there. Nobody, except I see this guy walking out to his van in my front yard. I'm wondering he must have wrung my doorbell. I look around and see a 5qt jug of mobil1 0w20 sitting on my porch. Wow that was quick. I ordered it off eBay about 24 hrs. ago for less than wally world sells it, and it was shipped free to my door. Now thats what I call service.

Hey, I just ordered a boat load of motorcycle parts. They are globally sourced from Australia, England and USA. Nothing like hunting parts for a 42 yo motorcycle. These are just engine parts. When the engine is in good nic, then it'll be all the old rubber bits. With luck, I'll be riding by the end of April.

Need to make a correction. No parts from England. Those parts are coming from the Netherlands. Ordered last Saturday, 2/10, shipped out already, due to arrive in 5 days. Prolly see the parts on Saturday or Sunday. Sure beats getting OEM CV boots.

Last edited:
Not an old motorcycle, but a honda snowblower I bought a couple years ago that was made in 1990. It needed extensive work to the drive, and blower unit. I had crossed a number of bearings, and belts to fit it, along with finding a new auger, and blower assembly from honda dealers in the u.s. as new old stock. For well under $300, I now have a perfectly working hydrostatic snowblower. The 250 cc engine runs like a watch. Only thing it's going to need is a new set of shoes soon.

Anyone that drives an orange state highway tacoma truck is got to be a tad strange to start with. What idiot would drain their atf instead of the motor oil? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm on an adult forum, or one for only 5-12 year olds.

Some manufactures have been having a sale going on for their motor oils...its why I ended up with a 5qt jug of mobil1 for less than usual.

still monitoring any crankcase oil weep and or burning of oil at 348k miles 5VZFE
Nothing noticeable of yet
But did have some sorta funky ok after got truck back from le shop

Fact is, vehicles only have so long a service life. You can keep pumping money into them like a money pit, rebuilding every item thats failing, but in the end you still end up with a worn out old truck. At sometime you have to know when to hold them, and when to fold them. As far as an arbitrary mile goal.....imo, it makes no sense just to wear out a vehicle with no reason, except to aimlessly to wander around the countryside without a goal to be there. I did enough driving in my younger days racing bikes, but at least I had a goal when it came to the end of the day.....a wall full in my den room.
sounds like a bunch of bunk to me, boy

taco dude tpole in the southeast with over 700k on his '02 gen1 swears by it
show him some proper respect, boy

this rig has a very-well-maintaned engine that is ready to trigger 350k miles and burns ZERO oil in good health
how do U like that, boy

only real issue at the moment is the excessive fuel consumption :confused:

Last edited:
Back